Speculation Esteban Cambiasso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't find the story from anywhere other than Goal yet.

But, Geoff Peters had this to say on twitter:

GeoffPetersTalkSPORT @talkSPORTgeoff · 6h

The deal to bring Esteban Cambiasso to #LCFC was all agreed but now in serious doubt as player/agents believed to have changed their demands

GeoffPetersTalkSPORT ‏@talkSPORTgeoff 5h
Cambiasso not thought to have any other offers on the table; #LCFC holding firm, sticking to the deal all parties were originally happy with

GeoffPetersTalkSPORT ‏@talkSPORTgeoff 5h
The Cambiasso deal is not dead but I understand #LCFC are not prepared to wait much longer and are already working on other midfield options

From Goal.com

..... However, despite talks reaching an advanced stage with Leicester, the former Inter star has opted against a move to the King Power Stadium.

It is understood Leicester did not meet Cambiasso's demands and now the player is set for talks with other clubs.

Goal understands a number of Premier League sides are now set to open talks with the South American, who remains keen to seal a move to England.

Does he want too much or are we just a bit tight / prudent?

Last edited:
I worked with/at Goal.com.

It's not tinpot. I'd consider that story to have a good deal of validity. Not saying it is the final word, but I'd be surprised if we got him now.

Last edited:
if the story is true then NP will and should pull the plug on this and move on , weve wasted enough time, as much as i would have liked him to sign there was always a possibility of this upsetting team harmony

if the story is true then NP will and should pull the plug on this and move on , weve wasted enough time, as much as i would have liked him to sign there was always a possibility of this upsetting team harmony

It's probably time to move on whatever. Even if the player did still want to move to the club, he hasn't shown any keenness to get the deal finalised and we really haven't got any more time available for further delay.

Initially this move excited me as he was a real step up in class and a player who potentially could have bought an awful lot to the squad, in particular to the younger players in the squad, however as this has dragged on i am now not convinced this move would be in the best interests of the team. Pearson has spent the last 2 years rebuilding the club, in particular moving out players who were not part of the team ethic or ethos, we know have a squad with quality but also a tremendous spirit and togetherness and for me that is far more crucial than signing a big name who is far from convinced they want to be at our club.

If he does sign I bet he turns out to be a flop. Foxestalk will be on suicide watch.

It's probably time to move on whatever. Even if the player did still want to move to the club, he hasn't shown any keenness to get the deal finalised and we really haven't got any more time available for further delay.

He's 34 and making what is likely to be final move of significance. He has turned down opportunities to return to Argentina or stay in Italy because he wants a 'new' challenge. He doesn't appear interested in opportunities to make much more money by going to the middle east or USA or even India. His preference is playing in our Premier League.

His representatives have clearly circulated this preference to Premier League clubs. A number expressed an interest and then dropped it for whatever reasons. We didn't and have been negotiating with him for some time. If Cambiasso wasn't interested in playing for us, these negotiations would have been over some time ago.

Over the last couple of weeks, the daily 'is he/isn't he' swings are largely made up drivel. Yesterday, he was definitely coming, today he isn't. Tomorrow?

Signing world class players isn't simple. I doubt whether NP, Terry Robinson or whoever will have experience of such negotiations. There are several agents, not just one. Most high profile South American players have family members or third parties that own 'pieces' of the player. I assume that if we couldn't be arsed with these complications, we'd have pulled out some time ago. NP clearly feels that he's worth the effort.

Suarez, Messi, Neymar, Aguero, Tevez, to name a few are all South American players with far more complex transfers on their CV than this one. If you want these players, the recruiting club need to do what's necessary. If we don't sign Cambiasso, I want it to be because we've tried our best and failed. Not that we've given up because it's too tricky.

I'd be amazed if we didn't have second, third and fourth choice players in waiting anyway. Our only deadline should be to ensure that we can recruit what we need by the deadline. But, just like with the protracted Ulloa deal, we have to do our best to get our first choice targets and only give up when we have to.

Let's also not forget that this was leaked by some 'balloon head', making Nigel very angry.

That may have complicated the deal, but also means we found out about it when it was perhaps not very far along in the negotiations stage at all - talks may have only just started at that point. It seems like it's been going on a while, but actually some of the others could have taken almost as long.

I am less confident of us getting him now, but not convinced yet that it's dead. I think if we don't sign him by the middle of this week though then it won't happen.

As others have said, I'm sure Nige has already sounded out other targets.

This.

I don't know Esteban Cambiasso.

He could be a cracking bloke for team spirit, or he could be a destructive arsehole. He could be being hugely greedy, or he could just have other people sticking their noses in and complicating the deal when he would just like it signed. He could want to move to a club which he feels matches the criteria he wants for his last challenge, or he could desperately want to live in, for example London or Spain and get paid as much as he can.

However, as I say, I don't know him. Quite how anybody outside of these negotiations can judge him or the negotiations one way or another is beyond me. If NP thinks he's worth signing, (and I agree with Brown Nose here, particularly if he's his top target), then he should try to sign him.

Que sera. I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

Maybe he has a tendency to shit in cars and Pearson is desperately trying to swap his soft top for a more conventional motor but due to our wage constraints he is having to use car giant.

Added to this of course is the complication with negotiating with Mr & Mrs Lako Snr regarding their spare room and obtaining (at a reasonable rate) an annual pass to their bedroom to take up 'Shananigans' with them both..

It's no wonder this is dragging on a bit.

He's a right wrong 'un. The evidence is clearly there for all to see

If he signs, the Club will be out of business in six short weeks. It's obvious

@StringerSport: Nigel Pearson has told us this morning that the Cambiasso to #LCFC deal has progressed & he’s now more ‘hopeful’

I was dead against him signing when it was rumoured as being doubtful, he was obviously a destructive character. Now it's looking more promising I think he's just what we need, he's a smashing bunch of lads who will no doubt redouble his efforts on the training ground.

I was dead against him signing when it was rumoured as being doubtful, he was obviously a destructive character. Now it's looking more promising I think he's just what we need, he's a smashing bunch of lads who will no doubt redouble his efforts on the training ground.
:icon_razz

iIm tempted to listen to East Midlands sports news tonight for a proper update, then i remembered they announced his signing 2 weeks ago. Im playing safe and waiting for NP to confirm, or indeed Jeffs confirmation on here or of course the "cast iron" shirt picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669