Euro 2012 or European Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motown Fox

The European Championship (The Euro's) starts in 5 days time in Poland and Ukraine and will be the 14th time that the competition has been held.
Thought we could have a thread just for the Tournament rather than just on England. Well we could be out of it soon if the Belgium game is anything to go by. We won but Belgium looked in control way too much and if they'd got anyone up front who could score we could have easily lost that game.

So if England have no chance who do we all reckon will do well this time and which team will win it.

The history of the Tournament

Where it all takes place

When all the games take place

I love how the lad has done this.:icon_bigg
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18308363

"The more Ukrainians that play in the national league, the more examples for the young generation. Let them learn from Shevchenko or Blokhin and not from some zumba-bumba whom they took off a tree, gave him two bananas and now he plays in the Ukrainian league"
Ukrainian national team manager 2006

First goal of the tournament goes to Poland and Lewandowski - who else?

I'm pleased Szczęsny was sent off because it meant I didn't have to listen to Mark Bright's attempts to pronounce his name any more. It's not "Sir Chesney" you twat.

After all there is only one Sir Chesney, he is the one and only.

I'm pleased Szczęsny was sent off because it meant I didn't have to listen to Mark Bright's attempts to pronounce his name any more. It's not "Sir Chesney" you twat.

To be honest that's not actually that far off. Stick a Shh instead of Sir and you're there. There have been far worse mispronounciations of Polish teams and names over the years. Widzew Lodz always struck the fear into a commentator. Still don't think I've heard it pronounced right yet by a UK pundit.

Anyone else feel that the half time arse licking of Harry Redknapp by Gary et al on the BBC was a bit out of order?

Last edited:
Harry got it right though he could see the weakness in the Dutch defence. Of ourse the fact that they missed countless chances and penalty appeals turned down did not help the position.
If England can get their act together then anything is possible as no team looks unbeatable. Even Russia were a bit lucky and the Czech defence being so open helped their cause. Still besides the first hour of the Germany Portugal game most of the games have been quite open with plenty of opportunities.

Harry got it right though he could see the weakness in the Dutch defence. Of ourse the fact that they missed countless chances and penalty appeals turned down did not help the position.
If England can get their act together then anything is possible as no team looks unbeatable. Even Russia were a bit lucky and the Czech defence being so open helped their cause. Still besides the first hour of the Germany Portugal game most of the games have been quite open with plenty of opportunities.

I meant in terms of spending most of the interval talking about him and not getting the England job. Was bang out of order in my opinion. Basically undermined Roy's appointment.

Spain vs Italy will be a snoozefest I think, particularly with Spain playing no striker and two holding midfielders. Italy still won't want to attack.

Ireland vs Croatia should be a good game though I think. Both teams will probably think they need a win in this one to have a chance of getting through the group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669