Euro 2012 or European Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as well as SSL today from memory we have these whilst a City player: Muzzy who played for Turkey in Euro 2000 & World Cup 2002 , Kasey Keller for the US at France 98, John O'Neill for Northern Ireland in 82 & 86 World Cups, Gordon Banks in 66 of course.
Dabizas as Swede said was a City player when in the Greek 2004 winning squad but was injured and never played
Heskey at Euro 2000 was the nearest miss having been a City player until March of that year.

EDIT to above Matt Elliott was similar to Dabizas as he was in the Scotland squad for the 1998 World Cup although he did not appear in any of the games.

I swear I remember Matty Elliott playing at some point in that?

But I'm definitely wrong.

Last edited:
So as well as SSL today from memory we have these whilst a City player: Muzzy who played for Turkey in Euro 2000 & World Cup 2002 , Kasey Keller for the US at France 98, John O'Neill for Northern Ireland in 82 & 86 World Cups, Gordon Banks in 66 of course.
Dabizas as Swede said was a City player when in the Greek 2004 winning squad but was injured and never played
Heskey at Euro 2000 was the nearest miss having been a City player until March of that year.

City goalkeeper throughout the '50s, John Anderson was in the Scotland squad for the 1954 World Cup. However, the Jocks only took 13 players to the tournament so he stayed at home.... So much more realistic in those days.

If anyone can post a link for the Eng Vs Fran game that will work on iPhone it would be much appreciated

If anyone can post a link for the Eng Vs Fran game that will work on iPhone it would be much appreciated

You should be able to watch live on iplayer/ITV Player (whichever it is on).

Failing that, the Catch Up TV app.

Last edited:
You should be able to watch live on iplayer/ITV Player (whichever it is on).

Failing that, the Catch Up TV app.

Sorry I should have mentioned I am in Canada. Already downloaded ITV player and it doesn't work

Confirmed England line-up v France: Hart; Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole; Milner, Parker, Gerrard (c), Oxlade-Chamberlain; Young; Welbeck.

Milner close to making it 1-0

Milner and Johnson were awful today I thought. Gerrard's passing was bad too, but he did well defensively for the most part.

We weren't very good today, but a point is a good result.

Johnson had a good game.

I don't see it myself. Not sure he knows where right back is. Gerrard had to cover so many times out there. Our defence was very narrow and they always seemed to have players in the wide areas causing problems

I don't see it myself. Not sure he knows where right back is. Gerrard had to cover so many times out there. Our defence was very narrow and they always seemed to have players in the wide areas causing problems

Agreed they played very narrow, also invited the French to shoot from distance, which was always a bit of a gamble. Still, cant complain too much given the circumstances.

Johnson had a good game.

I'm someone who thinks Richards should be the first choice right back and also that defensively Johnson is weak. However, I agree with you. I thought he had a good game last night and so did all those I watched it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669