Euro 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart, Walker, Cahill, Smalling, Rose, Alli, Dier, Rooney, Sterling, Kane, Lallana

What a crock of shit line up. How can any sane man assemble that from the available players? And apparently, Rooney is playing centre midfield for the first time ever and Lallana is in a front three?!?!? :120:

A bunch of chokers and losers set up by a lunatic in a bewildering mess of a formation to play tepid, tappy tappy, slow, painful, meaningless drivel :119:

And we've got to listen to Glenn fecking Hoddle whine on about it :ambivalence:

Is it wrong to hope Russia win to help ensure that the misery is over as soon as possible? It's a shame that Russia are terrible too :096:

It's probably best for all concerned if Vardy stays on the bench :044:

At least Glenn Hoddle will have 5 Spurs players to pick from for Man of the Match :/

"We don't need to pass the ball forward as much as previous England teams"

Hodgson. You are a twat.

Russia are worse than Albania.

England are not playing as slowly as I expected but I'm still bored stupid watching them.

Leicester City would beat this England team comfortably.

Sterling and Kane wasting space, should have really pushed for the second. Overall we played better than I expected.

What a surprise. England play with half the team made up of Spurs players and then get Spursy. There was a lesson this season, Hodgson, had you cared to learn it.

You could write and entire book on how Hodgson ****ed that last 20 minutes up. I really believe if England are to achieve anything it will be in spite of him. Useless wanker.

Not only does he decide to settle for 1-0 (thereby leaving Vardy on the bench) he does so by bringing on two short arses when the only Russian threat was in the air.

Earlier a Romanian went down holding his side. The replay was shown and quite clearly the player landed on a Frenchmans foot, it even slowed down and zoomed in. Huddle said 'Not sure what's happened there, maybe he twisted his knee!'. ****ing idiot!

Just now....

"and what did you think about Harry Kane on set pieces?"

Hoddle: "Dier's goal was fantastic, it was a goalkeeping error but brilliant way to score"

Just now....

"and what did you think about Harry Kane on set pieces?"

Hoddle: "Dier's goal was fantastic, it was a goalkeeping error but brilliant way to score"

In fairness to cripple kicker he's not allowed to say absolute wank

We were lucky with our goal. It wasn't a free kick and then the 'wall' and keeper made a mess of it. Surely, we all called the inevitability of the equaliser well before it happened? Only the manager didn't have the first idea.

Thirteen players used by England, every one of them from the so-called 'big six' clubs. Brave new world eh Roy?

Manchester City contributed Hart and Sterling - I was explaining the 'merits' of Sterling to my daughter. I said, he's quick so he gets the ball and runs fast with it. However, he can't pass or finish so he almost always runs into a dead end and loses it. He then proceeded to do exactly this over and over again (much to the amusement of my daughter). Hart is an accident waiting to happen - notice his wander after the equaliser - he's got no composure when it really matters. Two gutless chokers with too much money that sadly, believe their own hype.

Manchester United contributed Smalling and Rooney - Rooney appears to be free to do what he wants, where he wants. This defeats logic or intelligence. So, last night, he was everywhere, getting in the way. He can pass a ball under no pressure from a deep position but so fecking what? He's got no pace, no genuine quality in possession. no clever movement, and so on. The entire team is built around his personal ego. It is a mistake. Smalling always looks good when put under no pressure so he was fine yesterday.

Arsenal contributed Wilshire - Replacing one egotistical prick with delusions of grandeur with another. Nice one Roy.

Spurs contributed Walker, Rose, Dier, Alli, Kane - Two full backs that played as wide midfielders. I've nothing against either of them except that neither is a very good defender and both can easily be found out if and when a team decides to do it. Dier was excellent and is a very good player. Alli was sacrificed for the Rooney show so just ran around trying to find some space away from Rooney. He's being very badly used. Kane is a loathsome prick and I can't stand him. However, he has earned his place in the team. The problem is that he's been over-played by Spurs and is knackered. He was totally ineffective last night.

Liverpool contributed Milner, Lallana - What is the right position of either of these players? They are 'modern' players that appear to have no position or particular talent. They sit in the midfield getting the ball and giving the ball. They've made careers out of popping up somewhere, passing the ball, and then disappearing again. Lallana was very wasteful and ineffective. Milner seemed to come on the play as a second left back (interesting Roy) and screwed it up.

Chelsea contributed Cahill - a player not good enough for their team when Zouma and a half dead Terry are fit. He's tall and can head the ball. He is a basic plodder. A good forward will exploit him unless Dier saves him.

We will never do anything with this group. There was a real chance to shake the squad up and include some players from other teams, with more progressive attitudes. Roy has reverted to his sad old formula and just like in the last two tournaments, it will prove to be a miserable failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669