Euros 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
World Cup all over again. Easy passage thanks to the kindest draw imaginable. The main difference this time is that it might actually be possible to win this tournament without ever facing a decent side.

Unlike World Cups, dogshit wins the Euros quite regularly (Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Greece, Portugal all in my lifetime)

& Germany have been shit for a good long while now which of course means nothing. Tomorrows papers will have England as world beaters who just stuffed Beckenbauer, Gerd Muller, The Luftwaffe & James Last. The same papers who wanted them spiked on Traitor's Gate for drawing with the Jocks.

****ing tiresome.

Cue WW2 metaphors (yawn)
OK, I'm sure if we get to the final you won't be watching it then

Bunch of frigging bedwetters.
We’ve just beat the Germans
4 games , no goals conceded.

All 3 from the group of death have died

Alex Scott is showing some nice pins

I'm quite sad about it but I'd rather just admit it rather than try and go with some fake sense of pride or passion like sound of the sad ****s you see down the pubs.

It feels quite liberating actually.
I THink you’re probably doing it wrongly. I’ve got a few mates round and we’ve had a few beers. It gets more exciting (and frustrating) that way. Watching games on your own is a killer.

Funny old game in'it?
Sterling worked his arse off all match and got a desreved goal.
Kane ( England's worldclass, talismanic striker) was completely absent for 355 minutes until someone actually passed him the ball and he got hiis head to it.
Bugger it - I don't care - We beat Germany in a knock out round for the first time since it was on colour TV.

OK, I'm sure if we get to the final you won't be watching it then
I won't be watching it whoever's in it. I'll be in Bristol visiting someone I haven't seen in years. If I end up watching the football it'll mean the whole thing has gone disastrously wrong.

Ridiculous red card for Sweden - yeah he's caught him but his eyes are on the ball the whole time, plays the ball and the Ukraine players runs into him.

He took a big whack but accidents happen in fast past, contact sports.

Red card should be when there has been a perceived intent to cause injury, not for a challenge like that even if it has injured the Ukrainian player.

Ridiculous red card for Sweden - yeah he's caught him but his eyes are on the ball the whole time, plays the ball and the Ukraine players runs into him.

He took a big whack but accidents happen in fast past, contact sports.

Red card should be when there has been a perceived intent to cause injury, not for a challenge like that even if it has injured the Ukrainian player.
My thoughts too, bit of a freak accident really. Bet it ****ing hurt though….

3675D0A3-32B0-4DA9-88F4-26F1CB1E3667.jpeg

Fair ****s to you kids bothering to watch extra time. From about 70mins everyone was too tired to bother..... was there a second wind for players or was it equally shite?

Ukraine it is then.

Fair ****s to you kids bothering to watch extra time. From about 70mins everyone was too tired to bother..... was there a second wind for players or was it equally shite?
It’s been horrendous. The pitch in extra time has resembled no man’s land at the Somme.

You think he's feigned a Swedish boot going through his knee?

Definite red. Horrendous tackle. Reckless, lucky not to break his leg. Has to be a red, no matter what the intent.
Not what I wrote! I totally agree it was reckless so had to be red. However, Ukraine players were guilty of feigning injuries and play acting a lot of the time. They will do the same against us.

I THink you’re probably doing it wrongly. I’ve got a few mates round and we’ve had a few beers. It gets more exciting (and frustrating) that way. Watching games on your own is a killer.
If all his friends are as miserable as him, a gathering will only make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669