Euros 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
She could also give them all plastic cups, fill them with water and teach them how to throw the drink in the air after a goal. Gotta start them early.

Makes me feel proper poor that I'd still be clinging to my pint. Can't ever get excited enough to was 7 or so quids worth of drink.
The difference is that had it been anywhere else on the pitch it wouldn’t have been reviewed by multiple officials.

Anyway, much like if it had been Vardy diving to win Leicester a penalty I don’t care.

Agree with all your post. On this bit it just sums up football innit (as Mr Jenas would say). Bet many in Argentina would claim Maradonna was ball to hand or came off the shoulder.....still VAR hasn't been too bad this tournament but good to be reminded of it's incompetence before the prem starts again.

She could also give them all plastic cups, fill them with water and teach them how to throw the drink in the air after a goal. Gotta start them early.
Last day of term, surely they can have a little bit of beer…

Then to finish the night off, perhaps she could encourage them all to piss up a wall in full view of others, stick their fingers down their throat and vomit into a hedge (no-one appreciates splashback), eat a kebab in under 3 minutes then punch someone for no reason whatsoever.

That’s what I call ‘The Pickford Deluxe Package’

This story has made me realise I've got **** all idea when my kids finish this year.....feckin Euros. Hope it wasn't yesterday as they've gone in.
Don’t forget to send them in with a world’s best teacher mug and some shortbread on Friday!

Serious question Ted, not footy related, what the **** do teachers do with one third of the year off?

My missus is a primary school teacher so she’s in summer mode now, she was really nervous about last night because she didn’t want to spend the last two days of the year with a class she really likes all down in the dumps.

Two solid days of football related activities for them now. Penalty shootouts, making trophies and decorations, recreating favourite England goals. Lucky bastards.

I suggested she sets up a load of outdoor bar furniture in the playground and gets them to trash it while she sprays them with a hose and clubs them but she didn’t like that idea.
Why not give them all laser pens and teach them to point them accurately.

Serious question Ted, not footy related, what the **** do teachers do with one third of the year off?
A mixture of work, planning and drinking with other teachers. My partner likes to keep her days structured so she’ll plan lessons, book outside activities etc, plan policy stuff for the subjects she coordinates. Getting stuff ready for any kids with special educational needs. It means she doesn’t have to bring so much work home during term time.

As far as I can tell she’s a really good teacher with a bright future. Some of her colleagues, especially the older more jaded ones, aren’t remotely bothered by working outside of term time.

A mixture of work, planning and drinking with other teachers. My partner likes to keep her days structured so she’ll plan lessons, book outside activities etc, plan policy stuff for the subjects she coordinates. Getting stuff ready for any kids with special educational needs. It means she doesn’t have to bring so much work home during term time.

As far as I can tell she’s a really good teacher with a bright future. Some of her colleagues, especially the older more jaded ones, aren’t remotely bothered by working outside of term time.
:038: Good on her.

Great to see us on the right end of a contentious decision last night, it does feel like we are owed one.

I do think though that we should be capable of ensuring that football matches are not decided by referee's in this day and age.

This will really hit home the next time we (LCFC) are on the wrong end of such a contentious decision, especially if it is a really big / knockout type match.

I tried last night, I really did. But I couldn't raise any excitement about England winning. I did manage to stay awake though.

I wanted Schmeichel to be the best player on the pitch and for England to win and that happened.

I was happy for everyone that seemed to enjoy it so much and it was genuinely wonderful to see so many fans at the game. I wish I could find the enthusiasm I had in the 80s and 90s but I fear it's gone forever.

Denmark looked shagged out after an hour so I thought we made hard work of it. Walker was excellent. The changes made were late and baffling.

I've only watched some of the matches but it looks like the two most 'solid' teams have made the final.

I tried last night, I really did. But I couldn't raise any excitement about England winning. I did manage to stay awake though.

I wanted Schmeichel to be the best player on the pitch and for England to win and that happened.

I was happy for everyone that seemed to enjoy it so much and it was genuinely wonderful to see so many fans at the game. I wish I could find the enthusiasm I had in the 80s and 90s but I fear it's gone forever.

Denmark looked shagged out after an hour so I thought we made hard work of it. Walker was excellent. The changes made were late and baffling.

I've only watched some of the matches but it looks like the two most 'solid' teams have made the final.
I've always slavishly watched england whenever I could and always celebrate with the same intensity when either Leicester or England score, but I can empathise. After Euro 2016 and seeing that clueless old duffer Woy leave Vardy on the bench or stick him on the wing when we had just won the title I couldn't be more disillusioned with England. The 2018 run did something to fix that but I still felt bitter at seeing Vardy being misused by Southgate.

I really feel differently about this team. I'm really proud of these lads and feel a connection to them, as foolish as that might be. We've shown a maturity towards getting results that I've never seen in an England side, and I think it's fair to say Southgate has been underestimated by me and everyone else. It's easy to feel negative about him because of his constant association with missing that penalty and the lack of confidence he sometimes projects. If he manages to prove everyone wrong on Sunday and win us a trophy I'll be in floods of tears.

UEFA has started disciplinary proceedings against England re the laser incident, the booing during the Danish national anthem and the letting off of fireworks by supporters inside the ground.
Is it too late to kick us out and move the final to Portugal?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570