Euros 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game was a real barn berner.

French played for about 25 minutes assuming that would be enough.

The French. Being arrogant. Who would have thought it eh?

& the Swiss have been utter shit until tonight, so I'm definitely blaming the French. If they play as they did for those 2 spells for the whole game they win easily. Serves them ****ing right.

The fancied teams have all had their stinker of a game this round. Italy, Belgium, Spain & France but the others all managed to get through.

I read that France "crashed" out. Is 'crashed' like 'swooped' etc? An 8 nothing tonking would be crashing out. Maybe 'crashed' is for favourites? Whichever, a good result, made me smile. Timely from the Swiss.

I can see both of tonight’s games being absolute bore fests.

At least we’ll have some hysterical commentary accompanying the England game.

Hopefully there’s plenty of Germany fans there because whichever way the result goes the prospect of crying grownups wearing face paint is too good.

I fell asleep near the end of normal time in the France match and missed the drama.

I might now just be incapable of doing international football.

I fell asleep near the end of normal time in the France match and missed the drama.

Are you in control of your own bowel movements, and own your own, full-set of root attached teeth?

I can't stand this international shit but if you didn't find that game incredibly entertaining it might be time to step away for a good while.

Best game I have seen since...........I can't remember, as most games are the same one rehashed these days.

I can't stand this international shit but if you didn't find that game incredibly entertaining it might be time to step away for a good while.

Best game I have seen since...........I can't remember, as most games are the same one rehashed these days.
Far from slowing down, everyone seemed to speed up in extra time. It was properly gripping.

Are you in control of your own bowel movements, and own your own, full-set of root attached teeth?

My teeth yes. The bowel is less reliable.

People are saying that yesterday was the best day of football ever. I can see why they think that way but I feel absolutely nothing.

People are saying that yesterday was the best day of football ever. I can see why they think that way but I feel absolutely nothing.
I wouldn't describe it as the best football day ever - Those days are pretty much exclusively reserved for Leicester City occasions. Life isn't binary, though, it was still fantastic to watch.

It was a very entertaining match

I’ve been a the point for a few years now where I only watch Leicester games and just feel put off and nauseated by most other teams and fans BUT I’ve watched pretty much all of this tournament and thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment. I’ve definitely found the presence of fans in the stadiums refreshing to see.

A lot of underdogs have gone tit for tat with bigger teams too, something you see less and less in league football now.

The group stages were a load of shite mostly. The Italy game was very much an Italy game of old. Others have been good.

Mbappe was absolutely wank. Him and Kane don't look like 2 of the best. A reminder not to buy players based on tournaments perhaps?

I’ve been a the point for a few years now where I only watch Leicester games and just feel put off and nauseated by most other teams and fans BUT I’ve watched pretty much all of this tournament and thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment. I’ve definitely found the presence of fans in the stadiums refreshing to see.

A lot of underdogs have gone tit for tat with bigger teams too, something you see less and less in league football now.

My elderly perspective dates my England fandom from the days when live football on TV was very rare, apart from the Cup Final, only sporadic afternoon games (usually international) that I could catch the second half after coming in from school. These were the pre Sir Alf days, end of season friendlies were the ones I remember best, England seeming an exciting football playing side against admittedly substandard foreigners (and Scots). Thirty years of that had morphed into the desperation (the Pleat years for LCFC) of supporting a half-decent national team (the Gazza years), an illusion finally broken by the various no shows by the Golden Generation of Becks, Gerrard, Owen, etc ... which continues to this day, borne up by the novelty of City actually winning a darned sight more trophies than England do (or ever has).

I read that France "crashed" out. Is 'crashed' like 'swooped' etc? An 8 nothing tonking would be crashing out. Maybe 'crashed' is for favourites Whichever, a good result, made me smile. Timely from the Swiss.
The always excellent Football Cliches podcast covered this very topic last week:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669