Euros 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been less into England in an international team than I am during this one. And I'm not entirely sure why...

Whether it's because my mind has just been elsewhere with having a baby that I've just not really got into the atmosphere. Or because of the pandemic and not seeing other people to get swept up in England fever. Or because I didn't give us much of a chance. Or because I don't find any of the current squad particularly likeable. Or whether it's because with Leicester being a good team that can win trophies now, I have less interest in England, who before I thought were the best chance I had of celebrating a major trophy win as a fan.

But... Whatever the reason is...

My excitement level crept up just a little bit last night.

I think with how good the games were yesterday, and with France going out, I'm suddenly a bit more interested.

Still not near normal levels. And I still think we will go out to Germany tonight.

But if we win tonight?
Well, maybe I'll start to believe it actually could be coming home...

I fell asleep near the end of normal time in the France match and missed the drama.
I fell asleep just after Pogba made it 3-1. Woke up during extra-time but couldn't imagine that Switzerland had got back into it, so presumed it must be a replay and went back to sleep. I too missed the drama.

The nurse came in with a bowl of prunes amd some digestives for me to gum and got in the way of the TV so I missed the action too.

Despite all the attacking talent Southgate has available he'll set the team up not to lose, which they will. Germany will then go on to win the tournament.

Despite all the attacking talent Southgate has available he'll set the team up not to lose, which they will. Germany will then go on to win the tournament.
I'm as critical as the next man of the waistcoated wanker but let's be honest, if he went all out attack in these games people would be slagging him off for that too.

The nurse came in with a bowl of prunes amd some digestives for me to gum and got in the way of the TV so I missed the action too.

I'm still not quite 50. The chances of me staying awake for the whole of the England game are virtually nil.

Naps are a pleasure that I have discovered over recent years. I heartily recommend them.

My real worry is when naps become part of my Leicester City viewing experience. Then I'm pretty much lost to the world.

I'm still not quite 50. The chances of me staying awake for the whole of the England game are virtually nil.

Naps are a pleasure that I have discovered over recent years. I heartily recommend them.

My real worry is when naps become part of my Leicester City viewing experience. Then I'm pretty much lost to the world.
I’m sure we’ll all get a bit of shut eye during the Charity Shield and the Europa group games.

I've never been less into England in an international team than I am during this one. And I'm not entirely sure why...

Whether it's because my mind has just been elsewhere with having a baby that I've just not really got into the atmosphere. Or because of the pandemic and not seeing other people to get swept up in England fever. Or because I didn't give us much of a chance. Or because I don't find any of the current squad particularly likeable. Or whether it's because with Leicester being a good team that can win trophies now, I have less interest in England, who before I thought were the best chance I had of celebrating a major trophy win as a fan.

But... Whatever the reason is...

My excitement level crept up just a little bit last night.

I think with how good the games were yesterday, and with France going out, I'm suddenly a bit more interested.

Still not near normal levels. And I still think we will go out to Germany tonight.

But if we win tonight?
Well, maybe I'll start to believe it actually could be coming home...

I'm struggling to separate the players and their employers....That's where I'm failing to get behind the England team right now. For 11 months of the year they're twats employed by **** clubs......difficult to shake that for this one month.

You’ll all be painting your faces and waving flags if we get to the final

Hypocrites

Ture, more than just my face too.

But if we lose and Germany go all the way I'll be changing my name to Fritz. Not fickle, just getting with the times and being a modern day fan.

That team is a genuine abomination

Two centre backs, three full backs, two defensive midfielders

Hilarious

Saka can play full back. Maybe we're being harsh and he's actually going for 8 at the back? Where's Chilly Willy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669