Euros 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

parafox

England are a relentlessly average side is basically the truth of it. Overrated thanks to 2 successive tournaments where they've had the softest draws in the history of international football. They haven't been tested in any game so far including this one. Not played a decent team.

None of this is negative naysaying either. It's judgement based on what my eyes can see. Simple as that.

& don't mention the Germans. I've watched every international tournament since 1974 & that's the worst German side I've ever seen. Worse than 3 years ago in Russia.

On the plus side it's completely possible to win the Euros being average/shite. Portugal did it 5 years ago.

England have to play well in ONE game against quality opposition in the final & any team can manage one good game in a tournament.

The only part that will **** me off if it happens that way is the inevitable hailing of Southgate as some sort of tactical genius in the press. Clearly bollocks.
So even in the unlikely event England do win our first major tournament in 55 years, you've preempted a reason to whinge about it

Brown Nose

Right, I'm watching the second half of this. Oh, and slabhead makes it two.

I spent the first half setting up ITV Hub for the Mrs to catch up with Love Island. I'm proper into this England thing.

Lako42

Job done. These are absolutely wank.

I'm off to watch the DH World Cup and then tdf highlights

give_us_a_wave

So even in the unlikely event England do win our first major tournament in 55 years, you've preempted a reason to whinge about it
Not exactly. I won't be whinging as I don't really much care.

It'll just be a shame to see the over the top reaction which ultimately will damage England in the long term by keeping Southgate in post.
Personally I wouldn't. If England win the Euros it's entirely possible that decent managers might actually want the job for the first time in a generation. Young players deserve better.

It's a personal opinion thats all.

homer

So boring, aren’t they….

Maguire was 9/1 to score at anytime. Easy money. Lovely stuff

Payne74

The only reason I want England to win the 2020 European Cup is to stick two fingers up at the EU for Brexit.
Other than that Meh.

fitz

The England of 2021 just don't have the comedy elements that the 2016 team had. Can we have Kane taking corners and unfit players staying on for 90mins in the remaining match(es) please?

H T B

The England of 2021 just don't have the comedy elements that the 2016 team had. Can we have Kane taking corners and unfit players staying on for 90mins in the remaining match(es) please?
Unfit players cost Belgium and their golden era (KDB)

fitz

Unfit players cost Belgium and their golden era (KDB)

Very much. It's an odd thing too as managers won't be slated for leaving star players out if they're actually fecked.

parafox

Kasper must be shitting himself now Kane is scoring
The whole denmark team will be. Of course since it's England you have to always expect a calamity but on paper, we should be expecting to clinch this tournament with our home advantage and our attacking options in the next two matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669