Post Match Everton 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure the comparisons to Vardy’s first season are particularly valid.

Vardy jumped up three leagues when he came to us. Daka had played Champions League and International football before he came to us.

Vardy jumped up three leagues when he came to us. Daka had played Champions League and International football before he came to us.
Daka was playing week in week out in the Austrian league. The Austrian league that is a stratosphere behind the Premier league.

Daka was playing week in week out in the Austrian league. The Austrian league that is a stratosphere behind the Premier league.
And the bit about Champions League and international football?

And the bit about Champions League and international football?
He's not even played 20 champions league games and he plays for Zambia ffs. This is Zambia who have most recently played teams like Mauritania and Zimbabwe.

He's not even played 20 champions league games and he plays for Zambia ffs. This is Zambia who have most recently played teams like Mauritania and Zimbabwe.
Vardy would have been playing Hereford United. I reckon Zimbabwe could have them to be fair.

Deluded Brendan reckons the performance was brilliant but the result was disappointing. We got what we deserved again..

Total shite.

Daka has done as well as could be expected with 10 goals and 5 assists already.

He is inexperienced as a lone striker and it shows. That's not his fault and I see no reason why he won't improve. It's an incredibly difficult role which few forwards have learnt to excel at.

He's been far superior to Vardy in his first Championship or first Premier League seasons.

Nobody knows for sure what his ultimate level will be. Least of all you.
This is more or less it for me too.

It's pretty much certain that next season will be Vardy's last & he certainly won't play every game. We're into new era territory after that.

That being the case maybe we should look at changing things fundamentally. If Daka was bought to progress maybe we should be looking to play with 2 up top in the post Vardy era. We're not likely to replace JV like for like are we? It's fine playing with a lone striker if that striker happens to be a PL record breaking legend, but we're not going to have that again.
Time for a change whatever happens so why not do something that makes sense instead of trying to replicate what we've got? I've never seen the point of playing players out of position after coughing up money for them. Whats the ****ing point ?

Daka +1 is worth a try rather than making the poor bastard go out onto the pitch with "go & be the new Vardy" ringing in his ears. No way that ends well.

Of course that means completely adapting the way we play to a different pattern & some shrewd recruitment. Which won't ****ing happen under the current management. So we're probably ****ed.

Total shite.

Daka has done as well as could be expected with 10 goals and 5 assists already.

He is inexperienced as a lone striker and it shows. That's not his fault and I see no reason why he won't improve. It's an incredibly difficult role which few forwards have learnt to excel at.

He's been far superior to Vardy in his first Championship or first Premier League seasons.

Nobody knows for sure what his ultimate level will be. Least of all you.
Well to be fair, you too, know as much as the next man. And the next man seems to be a ****ing idiot.

Once again I will reiterate because it seems you didn't understand. I am not writing him off. You may see no reason he won't improve, but the real evidence is to the contrary. There is no real reason to assume he will as he's been ****ing awful almost every single time we have seen him. Do you see how it works now? What am I thinking, of course you don't.

You spent the first half of this season telling us that KDH and Maddison weren't good enough and accused me of being 'fooled by them'. You spent ages telling us about the merits of Silva and Slimani. **** me, anyone with a single cell of brain matter could see they were both shite. You spent a season telling us how much quality Praet had and that he was one of our best midfielders.... he's been pretty shit too.

I may not have a clue how he will turn out... in fact I don't. But I do have eyes and I can tell you, he's been ****ing terrible for the most part this season. If he improves, fine but if he doesn't then he'll be consigned to the same bin all of those other players you thought were great are currently in.

Of course they aren't. It's bollocks.
I want to see the xVardy vs xDaka stats. That'll be really telling.

**** sake.

This is more or less it for me too.

It's pretty much certain that next season will be Vardy's last & he certainly won't play every game. We're into new era territory after that.

That being the case maybe we should look at changing things fundamentally. If Daka was bought to progress maybe we should be looking to play with 2 up top in the post Vardy era. We're not likely to replace JV like for like are we? It's fine playing with a lone striker if that striker happens to be a PL record breaking legend, but we're not going to have that again.
Time for a change whatever happens so why not do something that makes sense instead of trying to replicate what we've got? I've never seen the point of playing players out of position after coughing up money for them. Whats the ****ing point ?

Daka +1 is worth a try rather than making the poor bastard go out onto the pitch with "go & be the new Vardy" ringing in his ears. No way that ends well.

Of course that means completely adapting the way we play to a different pattern & some shrewd recruitment. Which won't ****ing happen under the current management. So we're probably ****ed.
The problem here are the options we have for two up top. If we are trying to look to the future, playing Daka with Vardy seems a little pointless. I agree, we should look at experimenting with two up front; therein lies the next problem. A front two of Daka and Iheanacho looks appalling. Thw decent Nacho turns up about 50% of the time if we're lucky and Daka currently looks like he's a cat following a laser pen for most of a game. I think if we want to play Daka or Ihenacho in a two then we must invest in another forward who has pedigree as tough as this may be. It may not be a priority area but if we are genuinely thinking about changing our approach, we need the personnel to be able to do it as effectively and efficiently as possible.

xG and goals scored in the league by our strikers this season:

Daka 4.05 4
Vardy 6.54 10
Iheanacho 3.48 3

So Vardy is clearly the best compared to his xG, but Daka is better than Nacho.

So am I.

The problem here are the options we have for two up top. If we are trying to look to the future, playing Daka with Vardy seems a little pointless. I agree, we should look at experimenting with two up front; therein lies the next problem. A front two of Daka and Iheanacho looks appalling. Thw decent Nacho turns up about 50% of the time if we're lucky and Daka currently looks like he's a cat following a laser pen for most of a game. I think if we want to play Daka or Ihenacho in a two then we must invest in another forward who has pedigree as tough as this may be. It may not be a priority area but if we are genuinely thinking about changing our approach, we need the personnel to be able to do it as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Definitely.

Whoever +1 turns out to be, he isn't currently at the club. Thats what I meant by shrewd recruitment.

I'm not hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570