Post Match Everton 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much much better, particularly in the second half, but it was over after 15 minutes.

I think we were a bit unlucky today.

But we still weren't good enough, and our lack of creativity still showed at the end and is why we couldn't find our way back into it.

Ancelotti's subs closed out the game for them.

This weekend is must win for us now...

Things to take away from that:

1. Praet and Ndidi together is ****ing stupid. It has no creativity at all as a partnership and this was clear from the outset. It's no better than Me dy and Ndidi.

2. When you use your subs well, things happen. When you wait far too long, they don't.

3. Maddison and Iheanacho changed the game. That made it all the more mental to drop Maddison so deep when Perez came on. That killed us and we lost all creativity again. Perez should have come on for Justin much, much earlier meaning Albrighton could slot in at RB and Maddison could stay where he was causing them real problems, further up the pitch.

4. We must, must, must get some sap to spunk millions of quids on Chilwell whilst his profile is high and then invest every penny we get in a proper player like Digne.

5. Justin has too many weaknesses when the chips are down at present. We either need to change shape or drop Albrighton into the RB role.

6. Our corners are now beyond being annoying. They are actively hindering us, gifting away possession time after time. I can only assume we are just not practising them. Someone needs a rocket up the arse.

7. Clauden Pueldgers needs results quickly or we need to start asking questions of him.

8. Brendaude Roduels needs to start being honest and stop blowing smoke up the arse of each and every player and performance regardless of how shit it was.

Everton were poor. They created feck all and scored two times against us before we got going.

Second half we had all the possession but precious few ideas. It was painful to watch us have the ball without a clue what to do with it.

Yet again, we create nowhere near enough. We have nowhere near enough efforts on goal. Pickford is dodgy as hell but we never tested him.

Justin was woefully bad. Absolutely awful. Slowed everything down, was in the wrong place too often and his passing was diabolical. He cannot stay in the side.

Vardy was only any good when out wide. I have no clue what's wrong with him but he looks like the lost player from 2012/13. He looks nowhere near scoring a goal. Iheanacho is by far the most threatening player we have.

Rodgers is making an absolute mess of this. Utterly incomprehensible management. I don't care if it's Rudkin, Whelan or Top, one of them needs to give him an absolute hammering for his performance since the return. Not good enough.

It’s the Peter Taylor season

There, I‘ve said it..
But we actually have good players. Under Taylor we had a bunch of donkeys that both got lucky and overperformed earlier in the season.

I've said it before . . . A lot of this is more the way it's happening. It's a mental thing.

Had we started shit and then made a gallop towards CL we would be feeling amazing right now.

Had we been closesly battling with other teams and it had been tight then we would be content in that it's been close.

But the way it's happening knocks the wind out of us and gives us no belief next season even if we are riding high.

21 matches 45 points
32 matches 55 points

21 matches 14 pts ahead of 5th
32 matches 3 pts ahead of 5th

Next season we can't even feel good riding high after 21 games essentially. How we finish makes everything. If we manage to get Europe, then momentum is key.

But we actually have good players. Under Taylor we had a bunch of donkeys that both got lucky and overperformed earlier in the season.

Do we have good players? I think we've got a few good players and some riff-raff.

Gray is toss. Chilwell is overrated. Justin is brand new at this level. Vardy is getting older. Madders thinks he's cool. Tielemans has lost his magic. Perez is a utility player

It's clearly down to mentality of the players at the minute.

The problem is when the games are coming so fast at the minute, it's hard to fix that.

It's the kind of run where a late equaliser today would've felt like a win and we could've pushed on. Or not conceding an equaliser after Chilwell scored, things would've gone differently since.

We just need the momentum to shift.

It's clearly down to mentality of the players at the minute.

The problem is when the games are coming so fast at the minute, it's hard to fix that.

It's the kind of run where a late equaliser today would've felt like a win and we could've pushed on. Or not conceding an equaliser after Chilwell scored, things would've gone differently since.

We just need the momentum to shift.

Agree. I think we will look back on that Watford game as an absolute sickener.

Given that we looked better once he'd thrown an extra forward on...who thinks he'll try a different set up for our next game?

BR's head might be turned since he was linked with Arsenal imo. It's all sort of gone south since then. I can't think of much else. We didn't turn shit overnight.

I just don't get how it's not obvious that we need to be able to play in different ways. Counter attack would've been perfect today. Away from home. Let Everton come to us and then counter. But we seem intent on always retaining the ball. So teams counter us instead. Or they set up onoeing exactly what we're doing.

Given that we looked better once he'd thrown an extra forward on...who thinks he'll try a different set up for our next game?
No no, we can’t possible change formation. Our current one has worked so well for the last 15 matches.

No no, we can’t possible change formation. Our current one has worked so well for the last 15 matches.

Very Puel isn't it? One system, regardless of it now being ineffective and tbh I don't think the players are content playing it at the mo. We get forward and they genuinely don't look comfortable taking any risks.

In my opinion Vardy, Evans, Schmeichel, Soyuncu, Pereira, Chilwell, Ndidi, Tielemans and Perez are all very good Premiership players. Others still have abit to prove.

You won't find a bigger fan of Vardy than me. I love the guy. But if he starts on Saturday, Rodgers has not got any authority in that dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757