Post Match Everton 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion Vardy, Evans, Schmeichel, Soyuncu, Pereira, Chilwell, Ndidi, Tielemans and Perez are all very good Premiership players. Others still have abit to prove.
I think all our players would be very good Premiership players. I mean, even Jonny Hayes looks good in the Premiership.

By God we are missing Ricardo Pereira that boy has pulled us out of the poo so many times. Justin was solid tonight and gas been playing well for a young lad.
We are playing puel football using 5 passes where 2 would do, our midfielders are not brave in the ball, it was too laboured tonight, we are devoid of confidence Chillwell had their players for pace all night, he is either lacking confidence or he has been coached not take his opponent on.
We have to play two up front it is too easy for sides to mark Vardy out of the game, is George Hirst available? Barnes, Perez and Gray have been poor for a while imo.
Saturday will be 4-1-4-1 same players same style!!

Nacho was good, wasn’t he?

That's because he an extremely good technical footballer - excellent close control and speed of turn.

Vardy has been completely ineffective since the return, he was probably involved more tonight than any other game but Nachos offered us more and deserves a start on Saturday if we go with just one striker.

Unfortunately, he does seem to be a player who is much better coming on as a sub rather than starting.

By God we are missing Ricardo Pereira that boy has pulled us out of the poo so many times. Justin was solid tonight and gas been playing well for a young lad.
We are playing puel football using 5 passes where 2 would do, our midfielders are not brave in the ball, it was too laboured tonight, we are devoid of confidence Chillwell had their players for pace all night, he is either lacking confidence or he has been coached not take his opponent on.
We have to play two up front it is too easy for sides to mark Vardy out of the game, is George Hirst available? Barnes, Perez and Gray have been poor for a while imo.
Saturday will be 4-1-4-1 same players same style!!
So, to sum up, you think Justin and Chilwell did well tonight....? Sorry, I know its a personal question and I'm sorry for asking but are you ****ing broken?

I still have Palace fears too. F'ing ridiculous, Palace. How do we manage to get dicked by them?

We need to shithouse a win from somewhere... anywhere, anyhow. It's demoralising seeing us so damned toothless and ponderous. Nacho's goal lifted me, I didn't care how he bundled it in, just that he did. He starts for me against Palace, purely because he knows what the aim of the game is.

So, to sum up, you think Justin and Chilwell did well tonight....? Sorry, I know its a personal question and I'm sorry for asking but are you ****ing broken?
Firstly I did not say Chillwell was okay I said he either lacks the confidence to take a player on or he has been coached not to.
Secondly Justin did okay for a young player who has had a handful of games he did not drop any massive clangers and has a world class player ahead of him in Ricardo hence the lack of first team football.
I am certainly not broken just more subdued from a piss poor performance, for me this has highlighted that BR has either managed to get this group to perform far higher than we are or he has coached the life out of them because, at the moment we are playing by the numbers.
To single out Justin imo is harsh

Firstly I did not say Chillwell was okay I said he either lacks the confidence to take a player on or he has been coached not to.
Secondly Justin did okay for a young player who has had a handful of games he did not drop any massive clangers and has a world class player ahead of him in Ricardo hence the lack of first team football.
I am certainly not broken just more subdued from a piss poor performance, for me this has highlighted that BR has either managed to get this group to perform far higher than we are or he has coached the life out of them because, at the moment we are playing by the numbers.
To single out Justin imo is harsh
I didn't single Justin out. I also said Chilwell, Praet, Vardy, Albrighton and Barnes were absolute dog shit.

Only for the first few minutes.
They were happy to sit deep and defend for most of the game. Can't counter attack teams playing like that.

I agree. I would've set up like that from the outset. And then switch it up. My point was broader in that we don't seem to be able to switch it up.

When BR came in i was so excited to see us mix it up and use different tactics, formations and approaches in one match. If we were failing, we could change our approach and try to figure it out.

But we seem unable to do that. If we are failing we just continue with the same shit.

I genuinely wonder what the problem is. Is it a player issue? Do we, once again, simply not have the players to play multiple ways?

'We contributed to our own downfall'

Leicester boss Eddie Howe, speaking to BBC Sport: "Another difficult start for us here. We have conceded an early goal and it has really knocked our stride and confidence. We contributed to our own downfall today. Some uncharacteristic mistakes. It may be a lack of confidence.

"A lot went into today's performance. It was close to being a lot better than it looked. There were some good bits mixed in there but they get lost and deservedly so with the result. The players are playing slightly tense, you could say understandably with the position they are in. I urge them to play the game and not the situation but they are struggling a bit under the weight of that. I'll go away and look at what we can do with the squad we have. Everything is a possibility."

'We contributed to our own downfall'

Leicester boss Eddie Howe, speaking to BBC Sport: "Another difficult start for us here. We have conceded an early goal and it has really knocked our stride and confidence. We contributed to our own downfall today. Some uncharacteristic mistakes. It may be a lack of confidence.

"A lot went into today's performance. It was close to being a lot better than it looked. There were some good bits mixed in there but they get lost and deservedly so with the result. The players are playing slightly tense, you could say understandably with the position they are in. I urge them to play the game and not the situation but they are struggling a bit under the weight of that. I'll go away and look at what we can do with the squad we have. Everything is a possibility."
Good old Eddie. Imagine if we had an old charlatan like Brendan Rodgers in charge...

The player reviews are in:

Schmeichel - barely anything to do all game
Justin - not Ricardo, not his fault
Evans - quality, thoroughly pissed off at what he saw about him
Soyuncu - quality, going to Bayern or Dortmund in all likelihood
Chilwell - average, will win 80 england caps at chelsea and lose us the world cup quarter final by giving away a penalty in extra time
Ndidi - like a bear with massive claws, with a bunny rabbit in his paws thinking "how am i going to kill this rabbit", and then he looks at his claws, and then he looks at the rabbit.
Tielemans - greater passer, super slow and weak, unless we are in the ascendency. Plays like he's got chronic fatigue syndrome
Praet - i can see why they liked him in Italy.
Maddison - injured, still better than the others, but not as good as he should be.
Barnes - will be good in a few years
Albrighton - was good a few years ago
Gray - was good for 10 minutes
Iheanacho - good on FIFA
Perez - was good at Southampton
Vardy - he is superman, no fans in the stadium is his cryptonite, rebekah vardy wants to be lois lane, but she's 'ursa' the quite fit, but ultimately not well liked one from the planet zod

Manager: Brendan Rodgers - quite good at closing out a season.

I agree. I would've set up like that from the outset. And then switch it up. My point was broader in that we don't seem to be able to switch it up.

When BR came in i was so excited to see us mix it up and use different tactics, formations and approaches in one match. If we were failing, we could change our approach and try to figure it out.

But we seem unable to do that. If we are failing we just continue with the same shit.

I genuinely wonder what
WE HAVEN'T REPLACED RIYAD MAHREZ.
You can not replace a player like Mahrez he was absolute quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757