Everton ?2m raid on Leicester for teenage left-back Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

Good money for young Joe in our current circumstances I think?
Bon voyage guiseppe. good club everton and he'd be playing down the left with Artete, which is slightly better than Lazcko Zsolt or Lee Hendrie.

Re: Everton £2m raid on Leicester for teenage left-back Joe

Not at all. £2m is a snip, he's 17 and has represented England at U21 level and he's a left back. Nightmare we have to sell a player of this calibre. **** you Holloway.

I don't think it's good money at all. Look at recent prodiges prices. JM is an established first teamer and recognised England U21 player.

If they started at 2mill with achieveable add ons upto 8mill, IMO that would be a more reasonable price.

If this is to be the price - all it confirms to me is that we have been lining up our better players for a quick sale as a fire sale strategy.

No wonder only someone desperate wanted the job.

exactly aaron ramsay went for £5m we should turn the £2m down but mm will probably snap their hands off

Pick one (or more) of any of the following:

Great news / Good riddance / you can't say no at that price / he's shite / if he doesn't want to stay, feck him / that useless tosser, he sent us down in the first place, get rid / remember that shit tackle he made that led to a goal, that sent us down that did / great bit of business / good another one of the useless tossers gone

etc. etc.

Last edited:

If this is to be the price - all it confirms to me is that we have been lining up our better players for a quick sale as a fire sale strategy.

No wonder only someone desperate wanted the job.

Don't think there will be much investment incoming wise in terms of transfer fees.

Maybe Milan is cutting his losses, but trying to make back as much as he can first?

Last edited:

Don't think there will be much investment incoming wise in terms of transfer fees.

Maybe Milan is cutting his losses, but trying to make back as much as he can first?

I have no doubt about that.

I anticipated that he would go down this line from the minute we were relegated. Put yourself in his position and what would you do? He's addressing the cash losses he's made and will be in a position to walk away by selling on the club for very little as distinct from selling it on at a big profit had we achieved promotion.

can this be moved to the rumours thread please

Great news / Good riddance / you can't say no at that price / he's shite / if he doesn't want to stay, feck him / that useless tosser, he sent us down in the first place, get rid / remember that shit tackle he made that led to a goal, that sent us down that did / great bit of business / good another one of the useless tossers gone

etc. etc.

The question is, do you ever post anything other than cynicism of others' efforts anymore?

The question is, do you ever post anything other than cynicism of others' efforts anymore?

What do you mean 'any more'........

Said in the other thread, £2m is a crap price.

Pretty sure we don't NEED to sell him, and he has a few years left on his contract doesn't he? ****ing ridiculous. Sure it will go through later as an "undisclosed fee".

There goes all our best players within the space of just a few days then... great.

etc. etc.

:icon_sad::icon_sad:

Bad news if you ask me, wasnt too fussed about Stearman but Hume and Mattock will be big losses. We dont NEED to sell him, tell them where to stick 2mill, cardiff held out for 5mil for Ramsey, so why cant we? Im sure Mattock isnt that desperate to leave and sit on a bench.

I hope MM has something up his sleeve, if not, and you are going to sell up, get bent and do it sooner rather than later and stop stripping our club of anything and everything!

If JM is smart he'll realise that players of a similar age and quality are loaned out to teams in this division, in a bid to develop them as a player, a season with city at this standard could only be beneficial. He ought to stay an extra year and, in the event of non promotion, then consider it. He's a Leicester lad too.....

If JM is smart he'll realise that players of a similar age and quality are loaned out to teams in this division, in a bid to develop them as a player, a season with city at this standard could only be beneficial. He ought to stay an extra year and, in the event of non promotion, then consider it. He's a Leicester lad too.....

and that makes what difference exactly :102: if you were in his shoes and had the chance to play in the premier league would you turn it down?? i doubt anyone would tbh

Nope, you're right vixen, but as I said, if I were in his shoe's i'd realise that, going to everton, im likely to be loaned back to this division anyway, for the time being at least. And if I were in his shoes, as a city fan, I'd give them another year, because, and this is the part that makes the difference, he probably wont play in the premier league for a season or two. Whats the point in moving from the club you love prematurely. Wesolowski on the other hand is not a born n bred city fan, so i'd expect him to be immediately attracted to a move, as opposed to being willing to put the graft in.

And for the record, in the unlikely event I ever did play for city I wouldn't leave.

Furthermore, have you ever considered that, being a city fan, he might have some semblance of decency and professional pride, and want to help us get out of the mess he contributed to getting us into (though i have no criticism of his performances, he was just part of the team). Some footballers have dignity, no matter how few.

Furthermore, have you ever considered that, being a city fan, he might have some semblance of decency and professional pride, and want to help us get out of the mess he contributed to getting us into (though i have no criticism of his performances, he was just part of the team). Some footballers have dignity, no matter how few.

like you say very few have, on the flip side what about him putting HIS career first rather than let sentiment get in the way

Nope, you're right vixen, but as I said, if I were in his shoe's i'd realise that, going to everton, im likely to be loaned back to this division anyway, for the time being at least. And if I were in his shoes, as a city fan, I'd give them another year, because, and this is the part that makes the difference, he probably wont play in the premier league for a season or two. Whats the point in moving from the club you love prematurely.

Difference is, if he does move and is then loaned back to us, or any other club, he'll be on Premiership wages.

I think that having sold Hume and Stearman, a big effort to keep Mattock needs to be made by Meelan to show that we are not willing to just sell anyone we get a bid for, and that he's committed to the club and getting us up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669