Everton ?2m raid on Leicester for teenage left-back Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Everton £2m raid on Leicester for teenage left-back Joe

I really don't get this 'he's a City fan,born and bred in the City' so fecking what ? He wants to further his career,not stay and play with a bunch of past its and never will bes.If he was to stay here his game ould suffer.Good luck to the lad,good move for him Everton

for the record, in the unlikely event I ever did play for city I wouldn't leave.

Furthermore, have you ever considered that, being a city fan, he might have some semblance of decency and professional pride, and want to help us get out of the mess he contributed to getting us into (though i have no criticism of his performances, he was just part of the team). Some footballers have dignity, no matter how few.

What makes you think he has any say in whether he leaves or not?

Sell him and sell him quick. Hes overated and has no pace, £2 mill would be a steal. Why are you waiting Milan............

As far as the entire squad are concerned, they are so irretrievably crap that I don't care who leaves, I just want the lot of them to be gone and forgotten as soon as possible.

It's easy to kid yourself that we have stars who are worth more than 2 million, but the reality is that these are 3rd division players and deservedly so.

That said, working on the principle that we can't get rid of all of them, Mattock is one I wouldn't have minded hanging onto. But I can't say much more than that about him.

And yes, this is quite blatantly asset stripping. Milan waited for all you gullible idiots to buy your season tickets then, like the cynical mercenary he is, employed a puppet manager and sold anyone of any value. That's why I didn't renew - as soon as he had our money, he was clearly going to run with it.

I would say that there's going to be uproar. Fifteen years ago there would have been. But now...

One point. Why would any player with an ounce of sense, having been witness to the shambles of this club over the recent past, not want out at the first opportunity?

Any of them that want to stay are by definition either incapable of moving up (league ladder wise) or certifiable.

One point. Why would any player with an ounce of sense, having been witness to the shambles of this club over the recent past, not want out at the first opportunity?

Exactly.... If I could support another team i'd have buggered off years ago.

I have no doubt about that.

I anticipated that he would go down this line from the minute we were relegated. Put yourself in his position and what would you do? He's addressing the cash losses he's made and will be in a position to walk away by selling on the club for very little as distinct from selling it on at a big profit had we achieved promotion.

It makes sense i guess in business point of view.

In the modern market for young English prospects, £2m is a shocking price.

Atleast £4m.

I really don't get this 'he's a City fan,born and bred in the City' so fecking what ? He wants to further his career,not stay and play with a bunch of past its and never will bes.If he was to stay here his game ould suffer.Good luck to the lad,good move for him Everton

In the modern market for young English prospects, £2m is a shocking price.

Atleast £4m.
Thanks chaps, saves me from posting the exact same thing.

Why not? We've seen the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott fetch more. Joe Mattock has played at all youth levels, he's the second youngest England U21 ever, and lots of people within the game rate him very highly and seem to think he's got a very bright future. Doesn't matter what we think, those facts alone should make him worth more than 2 million IMO.

Why not? We've seen the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott fetch more. Joe Mattock has played at all youth levels, he's the second youngest England U21 ever, and lots of people within the game rate him very highly and seem to think he's got a very bright future. Doesn't matter what we think, those facts alone should make him worth more than 2 million IMO.

You missed the bit about, anybody with one good leg could get past him down the wing....................................:icon_wink

I think you missed the bit about him being 17...

Newcastle, West Ham and Villa all reportedly interested as well... and havn't some/all of the Big 4 looked at him as well at some point?

The interest from several parties alone should push the price up a bit.

For the record, if he leaves I don't blame him, wish I could get away from the club too, but I will blame Milan for not making him stay and for getting us in the situation in the first place.

You missed the bit about, anybody with one good leg could get past him down the wing....................................:icon_wink

But its not relly important what any of us think of him,if someone wants to pay 2/3 million for him then thats up to them.Your opinion of him is that he's shite but the likes of Everton/West Ham clearly don't think the same

17 or 27, it dont matter, he will get found out by 9 out of 10 wingers.

Don't agree Biff.

I suspect that he will be an England left back within 4 or 5 years and is on a steep learning curve.

I would also guess that City have trailed this story in the hope of starting a bidding war and that he could easily finish up at Villa.

From the player's point of view, he would be crazy not to move. I don't share the view that he would learn anything much in the Third Division. He needs to be training with and playing against better players so if he is loaned then it is not likely to be to a Third Division club. So if we were able to get a 12 months loan back we would have done fantastically well.

I think by the middle of July latest even the most trusting supporters will have worked out what is happening at The Walkers. The club is cashing in on its few assets providing Milan with more flexibility and opportunities to play his cards.

But its not relly important what any of us think of him,if someone wants to pay 2/3 million for him then thats up to them.Your opinion of him is that he's shite but the likes of Everton/West Ham clearly don't think the same

Pro Plus in overdrive HF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670