Everton ?2m raid on Leicester for teenage left-back Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is, hes 17 and a hell of a talent that could go on and have a great career

I haven't really taken on board that he has "a hell of a talent", however I agree with you that he could have a very successful career.

Left sided players are always in demand and he has been noticed by the powers that be - he just has a bit of a dilemma now as to whether to stay with us and play regular first team football or move to a better club and risk having to develop his game in the reserves and the odd first team game e.g. Carling Cup.

however I agree with you that he could have a very successful career.
Hardly a groundbreaking "fact" though, is it?.

Fact is, I could also have a hell of a career in front of me, and fact is, Mattock might not.

"Fact", followed by "could", is more of a statement of the bleedin' obvious than actual "fact"

Mattock was on facebook earlier. I spotted he was online on the chat facility thing so i thought i'd ask him about moving. Pretty much went like:

"Can we expect to see you in a blue shirt next season Joe?"

JM "Can't promise anything mate"

"Will it be a claret and blue shirt or Mersey blue?"

JM "Mersey i think".

Pretty much confirms what we already know about him being offski but looks as though it's Everton and not Villa or West Ham.

Just thought i'd share this! :icon_bigg

:icon_bigg I know thats why i included this smiley............
Biff, which of our other players do you think will keep Joe Mattock out of the side next season (assuming he doesn't leave for the Prem, which he will)? I'm looking forward to hearing about this left back we have who is clearly better than Mattock.......

Mattock was on facebook earlier. I spotted he was online on the chat facility thing so i thought i'd ask him about moving. Pretty much went like:

"Can we expect to see you in a blue shirt next season Joe?"

JM "Can't promise anything mate"

"Will it be a claret and blue shirt or Mersey blue?"

JM "Mersey i think".

Pretty much confirms what we already know about him being offski but looks as though it's Everton and not Villa or West Ham.

Just thought i'd share this! :icon_bigg

I'm told its as good as done with Leic getting a large % of any future transfer

Hardly a groundbreaking "fact" though, is it?.

Fact is, I could also have a hell of a career in front of me, and fact is, Mattock might not.

"Fact", followed by "could", is more of a statement of the bleedin' obvious than actual "fact"

Sorry, I can't make a more definite prediction about your career prospects Melton.

On Mattock, I was trying to make the point that at 17 years it's very difficult to say how good a player he will become. As you know some kids make tremendous strides in their teens and never kick on - and some look fairly ordinary players at 17 and turn into stars.

I do think that it's worth £2m of a premiership club's money to take a chance.

Sorry, I can't make a more definite prediction about your career prospects Melton
That post wasn't aimed at you, Redditch. I was merely using your post as my sounding board at one that came previously.

Sorry, I can't make a more definite prediction about your career prospects Melton.

On Mattock, I was trying to make the point that at 17 years it's very difficult to say how good a player he will become. As you know some kids make tremendous strides in their teens and never kick on - and some look fairly ordinary players at 17 and turn into stars.

I do think that it's worth £2m of a premiership club's money to take a chance.

Or £5m in the case of Cardiff's Ramsey

That post wasn't aimed at you, Redditch. I was merely using your post as my sounding board at one that came previously.

Not a problem anyway, Melton.

I was tentatative about the merits and value of Mattock on the basis that no one knows what sort of player he will turn out to be. It's all about the judgement of Premiership clubs and who has the money to take a chance. This forum is full of very strong assertions which usually have no evidence whatsoever to back them up and I think there is a place for uncertainty.

It seems to me that there are some parallels between Mattock with Stearman in as much that both of them even when they are not playing effectively have shown enough to indicate that they are players of potential. The Leicester crowd have had so many disappointments that there is now an impatience with everything and everybody which is understandable. That said, it's a bit beyond me how people can be so critical of a young kid who clearly has been seen to have something by the likes of Stuart Pearce who should know a prospective left back

Biff, which of our other players do you think will keep Joe Mattock out of the side next season (assuming he doesn't leave for the Prem, which he will)? I'm looking forward to hearing about this left back we have who is clearly better than Mattock.......

If hes leaving for the Prem, hes taking his time.

Ive said all along, if we can get £2 mill for him we should snap their hands off. The fact is, hes not worth that amount, hence hes still here.

Left peggers, that have pace and great crossing ability are a rare breed, JM hasnt shown to me either of those qualities. I did see him get left standing by most wingers last season tho, and kept out of the side by Clapham.

If he does maintain a regular place for us next season ( thats 'if' hes still here, and not got into a bidding war between Real Madrid and Chelsea ) it will just go to show how poor the quality is at Leicester at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669