Everton ?2m raid on Leicester for teenage left-back Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also in the other national papers, it quotes "second" attemp, i hope this is rejected as well.

He is young and another 1-2 seasons at first team football will make him a better player

Also in the other national papers, it quotes "second" attemp, i hope this is rejected as well.

He is young and another 1-2 seasons at first team football will make him a better player

1-2 seasons, and world footballer of the year award under his belt, we will struggle to hold on to him imo............

Sell him.

Still an unknown quantity, done fantastic so far and IF he carries on developing as he has done

But he's at a bit of a crossroads where he needs to start delivering + div 3 is hardly a good shop window.

Cash in now + ensure the add ons are substantial

Dave Buchannon broke into ther first team around the same time as Lineker, tipped on match of the day as a future world beater.

He's now a PE teacher (I think).. Lineker sells crisps

Sell him.

Still an unknown quantity, done fantastic so far and IF he carries on developing as he has done

But he's at a bit of a crossroads where he needs to start delivering + div 3 is hardly a good shop window.

Cash in now + ensure the add ons are substantial

Dave Buchannon broke into ther first team around the same time as Lineker, tipped on match of the day as a future world beater.

He's now a PE teacher (I think).. Lineker sells crisps

And Norman Leet was a left back of all left backs!!!!

I agree with Norman and several others. Sell while he is still hot property - get £2m with add-on clauses if he progresses with England and, of course, sell-on clauses. Norman's reminder of Dave Buchannon is a good one. More recently, Joachim was a £5m talent that slumped to £1.5 when LCFC sold. If LCFC had held on a little longer it would have been half that and then zero.

My one proviso to selling Mattock for £2m is that there is little point in acquiring another player from a lower division like we have thus far as a replacement (though getting a few such players in so far has been the correct strategy I believe to partially rebuild the squad). If LCFC are serious about promotion I think the club's next signing for this left-back position should be via poaching any one of the best left backs in the division and thus spend a good chunk of the Mattock money. At this level £0.75m-1m as well as much higher wages than that player is currently getting would probably net a proven player from this division.

Last edited:
West Ham stayed at one of our hotels in Heathrow last night before they flew off to Canada (In Economy Class... snigger). I did the usual check of seeing if a J Mattock was booked in as well. But no sign. :icon_roll:icon_wink

For the record, they turned down fillet steak as it was too pricey and they all ate Spaghetti Bolognaise. Who says they need to cut cost East London???

West Ham stayed at one of our hotels in Heathrow last night before they flew off to Canada (In Economy Class... snigger). I did the usual check of seeing if a J Mattock was booked in as well. But no sign. :icon_roll:icon_wink

For the record, they turned down fillet steak as it was too pricey and they all ate Spaghetti Bolognaise. Who says they need to cut cost East London???

I've stayed in your hotels. I'm amazed anyone but the lowest of the low stay there.

He's in the czech republc in the england u19 squad.

Mattock
Dickov
Ronaldo
Lampard
Barry

don't you hate these drawn-out transfer discussions for top players

you forgot to mention the Tunchev saga, they will all get completed eventually.

Once again the Mercury insists on treating us all like morons with the latest story on their website, this time telling us that Mattock is concentrating on Leicester.
This comes from the same paper which told us that Megson was holding 'clear the air' talks with Mandaric when he was in Bolton signing a contract there - plus countless other examples I could list.
I know the paper and the club are in bed together (officially I believe) and quite frankly it stinks. Plenty goes on at LCFC which we don't hear about, because the Mercury won't run it because they don't want to upset the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669