Pre Match Everton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

No doubt Huth will return but NP will probably drop Wasyl to the bench and not listen to the poular choice of dropping Morgan. We have been creating/missing chances most of the season and now we have a striker that could put some of them chances in we revert to a more defensive formation (yes it worked at Arsenal and may well work againt Chelsea/Man City), the difference between the Arsenal and Villa games was the passing from midfield, notably Cambo and Mahrez, them 2 were woefull yesterday and the system looked dire, we must not leave Krameric isolated and chasing lost causes we must feed him goalscoring chances. Ifear a repeat of yesterdys performance but hope im wrong and we escape Goodison with a "smash and grab" 0-1 Krameric

He should make as many changes as possible from that fiasco at Villa

Hamer

De Laet Huth Upson Schlupp

Albrighton Hammond James Knockaert

Kramaric Ulloa (I'd play Wood if he was fit but I don't think he is)

There is no reason to fear Everton, so we will.

Drop everyone and play the ugliest kid from the academy on his own.

Oooh, a must-win game. Again. 1-1 draw, to them.

Nope, It's the Palace, Burnley, WBA and Sunderland home games that are must win (oh shit), these games are a mere bonus according to Nige.

They are quite poor, actually

We can get a point here

No doubt Huth will return but NP will probably drop Wasyl to the bench and not listen to the poular choice of dropping Morgan. We have been creating/missing chances most of the season and now we have a striker that could put some of them chances in we revert to a more defensive formation (yes it worked at Arsenal and may well work againt Chelsea/Man City), the difference between the Arsenal and Villa games was the passing from midfield, notably Cambo and Mahrez, them 2 were woefull yesterday and the system looked dire, we must not leave Krameric isolated and chasing lost causes we must feed him goalscoring chances. Ifear a repeat of yesterdys performance but hope im wrong and we escape Goodison with a "smash and grab" 0-1 Krameric

Agree with this but though far too much being asked of Cambiasso yesterday - more or less a box to box role which might have suited him 5 years ago but not now. I suspect that he will be dropped. Set up to fail?

if he goes 4-5-1 we will get spanked, we need to pack out the midfield with an attacking option, 3-5-2 will nullify Everton, there midfield and defence can be quite slow at times. Morgan is the Achilles heel at the moment, still think we can get something out of this game. Will he start with Albrighton?

People have been saying all season that NP doesn't know his best team, and the constant changing hasn't been helping. I think the fact that he kept the same team as much as possible for the last game could mean he's decided the way he wants to play, for away games at least. So I expect Huth to return, but that will be the only change.

People have been saying all season that NP doesn't know his best team, and the constant changing hasn't been helping. I think the fact that he kept the same team as much as possible for the last game could mean he's decided the way he wants to play, for away games at least. So I expect Huth to return, but that will be the only change.

Question is ,who makes way for Huth?
Coincidentally, I thought taking Was off yesterday was the CORRECT call. His passing was shocking and played us into trouble more than once.

Coincidentally, I thought taking Was off yesterday was the CORRECT call. His passing was shocking and played us into trouble more than once.

Still think he would have been there to close down or block the first Villa goal however.

Hamer
Simpson Was Huth Upson Konchesky
Mahrez Cambiasso James Schlupp
Kramaric

That would be my team. With Kramaric scoring two in two games now, I think it's a must for him to start and another goal will give him the world of confidence. Ulloa looks bereft of any confidence and must be on the bench.

WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!

Still think he would have been there to close down or block the first Villa goal however.

The fault was that the useless fecks left on the pitch completely failed to adjust their positions when he went off and the formation changed. Meant that there was a stinking great big hole left for them to stroll into unchallenged

I think the reference the BBC were making with regard to that was more down to the change of formation rather than the change of personnel that may have been a contributing factor to their first goal.

I'd like to see us go with 4-5-1 with Kramaric dropping just behind Ulloa. Gives Kramaric a bit of freedom to drop back and get up in support of the target man whilst maintaining a better balance defensively. 4-4-2 hasn't been working for us this year.

Hamer

Simpson Huth Wasilewski Konchesky

Mahrez Cambiasso James Schlupp

Kramaric

Ulloa

Last edited:
Hamer

Simpson/Huth/Wasilewski/Konchesky

Albrighton/Cambiasso/James/Mahrez

Kramaric

Ulloa

So did Robbie Savage think. After first suggesting that NP should swap a CB for a striker and prising him for being positive when he did.

My reaction if Schwarzer starts...

[video=youtube_share;8vzKgD89oOE]http://youtu.be/8vzKgD89oOE[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572