Pre Match Everton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Nigel picks players on the basis of what they do for the 25+ hours a week he sees them? Maybe he picks them on the basis of who they will face in a particular match?

Or maybe he chooses based on what the WAGS are twittering about!

I demand Spion changes his avatar. Its selection is ill-judged and he only has it because it's one of his favourites - other avatars I've not looked at all week need a decent crack of the whip too.

Last edited:
When will the other Leicester goalie, the one whose dad played for Man U., (can't remember his name) be fit to play again?

I'd still have Hamer in goal myself but as Pearson will probably be picking the team we'll have that old waste of time/money Schwarzer in nets.

When will the other Leicester goalie, the one whose dad played for Man U., (can't remember his name) be fit to play again?

I'd still have Hamer in goal myself but as Pearson will probably be picking the team we'll have that old waste of time/money Schwarzer in nets.
maybe it would help if he changed his name to Schamer?

I demand Spion changes his avatar. Its selection is ill-judged and he only has it because it's one of his favourites - other avatars I've not looked at all week need a decent crack of the whip too.

On the contrary, if I used my favourite Jo Guest picture Webbo would probably infract me and unlike Steven may get it to stick ;-)

Is this the least anticipated game of the season so far?

Is this the least anticipated game of the season so far?

If you look at other fixtures this week, it is all a bit deflating. The only hope is that Everton play a full team tonight and have a hangover on Sunday. I know their form post-Europa League this season hasn't been great.

Last edited:

I wondered about that a few days ago.

He was injured in early December and they said he would be out for about 4 to 6 weeks. It is now about 9 to 10 weeks and no sign of him.

I'm sure I recall Beckham had a very similar injury and was playing for England again within about 5 weeks or so.

I very much doubt we will see Schmeichel again.

Would you rush back from injury to play for a team that will be relegated? He can safely say to his next club that relegation was nothing to do with him.

If we are persisting with three centre backs, does anyone think Moore might come back into the picture? He might perform better as part of a trio (ideally with Huth and Upsom), and bring a bit more youth and vitality into the set up.

Anybody noticed the NP comment in the Mercury "Huth & Upson look good as a pairing in training" - used to play at Stoke together

If we are persisting with three centre backs, does anyone think Moore might come back into the picture? He might perform better as part of a trio (ideally with Huth and Upsom), and bring a bit more youth and vitality into the set up.

For Huth, Upson and Moore to play we'll need 4 central defenders. Not many sides play a traditional flat back 6 these days. Barry Hayles on the wing would be a treat too.

Just realised this is on Sunday. Is this on TV then?

I would like to see Moore given some game time - possibly as a back two with Huth. Youth and experience, always a good mix and, at least giving Moore knowledge of the Premier League standard would be a result of a wasted season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669