Pre Match Everton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iheanacho spent a lot of the Peterborough game dropping deep and trying to get the ball, meaning that we then didn’t have anyone up top some of the time. Hence I think he could be effective in the Okazaki role and link the midfield up to Vardy.

I’d go with:

Schmeichel

Simpson
Maguire
Dragovic
Fuchs

Ndidi
Silva

Mahrez
Iheanacho
Albrighton

Vardy

I reckon tedfoxx and Lako42 are one of the same.

No chance in hell of two ****ers coming up with a stupid idea like that. :)

Do you think Spurs are having this debate about dropping Kane?

Vardy is a talismanic player for us. He is the lifebloood of how the team plays and I really don’t understand why he’d get dropped unless he’s playing like an utter doofus.
I think he has been ok in recent games. Odd.

Personally, I don't see Vardy and Iheanacho starting in the same team. For me, it's either/or.

I'd like to see Iheanacho start with Vardy on the bench. Maybe a brave move but it sends Kelechi a strong, positive message - we trust you now take your chance. I doubt Vardy would pack a sad if he's made aware of the context in advance..... says he

But wtf do I know? I didn't see yesterday's selection coming and that worked out ok!
Soo he scores a brace against Peterborough and now he should get the nod over Vardy?

Vardy allows us to set the tempo from the top has great game management and will stop the toffee' from building momentum. I would place both strikers from the cup game on the bench and look to give them at least 20-30 mins

Not a matter of dropping Vardy nor considering Iheanacho the better striker, simply a matter of giving him a chance. I'd like to see him given that chance (call it rotation if you like) but I doubt it'll happen. If he's lucky he'll get 30 minutes.

I think fitz was of a similar thought earlier and such things don't really happen; players tend to get chances only through injury and teams are selected on the basis of best for the job.

It was Peterborough and a great confidence boost for him you could see it in his demeanour on Saturday I am genuinely pleased for him I just think he needs gradually bringing in if we are beating Everton bring him on.
It is good to see competition for places more importantly the players know they have a chance, I don' believe they did under Shakey

I think fitz was of a similar thought earlier

He was. I think if a player performs well then their reward should be more than getting to play in a months time if we're drawn against someone shit. As it happens we're playing someone shit on Wednesday. Reward the lad with a start and let places be competed for, lack of competition has bit us on the arse before.

Like I said, Vardy has been missing chances recently that he should absolutely be putting away.

Realise I'm taking a risk in saying anything remotely non superlative about Mr Vardy but it's what I think.

He's missing chances he should score, our other striking option is doing all he can in the only opportunities he is given, what's the point if he is never given the chance in the league?

Like I said, Vardy has been missing chances recently that he should absolutely be putting away.

Realise I'm taking a risk in saying anything remotely non superlative about Mr Vardy but it's what I think.

He's missing chances he should score, our other striking option is doing all he can in the only opportunities he is given, what's the point if he is never given the chance in the league?
Vardy is doing far more and brings more imo

I was literally just about to say that, word for word. I think we should buddy up and together we might finally oust Jamie Vardy from the team for good.

I’m his agent. As others have pointed out he’s a bit more than a goal scorer.

Since the start of the 2015/16 season, Vardy has scored 47 Premier League goals in 94 games. That is fecking unbelievable.

Iheanacho has 12 Premier League goals in 55 appearances over the same period. I don't doubt his potential, but he's miles away from a genuine threat to Vardy just yet.

Iheanacho should be on the bench and replace Vardy whenever it makes sense to do so. He should also rotate in for games (like Saturday) where he's going to suit the scenario and I do include the occasional league game here too. He's also there to cover any injury absence from Vardy.

In a years time, Vardy will be 32 and Iheanacho (I hope) will be a better all round player. At that point, there may be a debate to be had. Certainly not before. It is worth reminding ourselves that at Iheanacho's age, Vardy was still playing for Stocksbridge.

Of those who played yesterday, Fuchs, Simpson, Maguire, Iborra and Gray are all 'first team' choices. Silva needs game time (and this game was ideal) but he will, no doubt, be a first team regular and Diabate was a debutant for whom a games such as this are a perfect intro. I'd say the squad rotation was exactly that; simply rotation and it worked perfectly well. As such, it really doesn't have anything to do with 'not caring' about the cup.

Let's have a look at the argument a different way. Maybe Puel cares so much about the cup that he is saving his 'top' players from possible injury in easily winnable games so that if we draw Manchester City in the next round they will be available for selection. I mean, it may be utter tosh but no more so than the 'we don't care about the cup' argument. The evidence for either is the same - nil.
You remark about saving the top players till later may hold some truth.He did exactly that with Southampton last year in the League Cup.The Cup is venture l hope we explore to the full!

Since the start of the 2015/16 season, Vardy has scored 47 Premier League goals in 94 games. That is fecking unbelievable.

Iheanacho has 12 Premier League goals in 55 appearances over the same period. I don't doubt his potential, but he's miles away from a genuine threat to Vardy just yet.

Iheanacho should be on the bench and replace Vardy whenever it makes sense to do so. He should also rotate in for games (like Saturday) where he's going to suit the scenario and I do include the occasional league game here too. He's also there to cover any injury absence from Vardy.

In a years time, Vardy will be 32 and Iheanacho (I hope) will be a better all round player. At that point, there may be a debate to be had. Certainly not before. It is worth reminding ourselves that at Iheanacho's age, Vardy was still playing for Stocksbridge.
The beauty with Puel is he will give youth an opportunity to stake their Claim,thus l feel Iheanacho will bid his time on the bench learning by Vardy's experience during games,if brought on for Vardy he will have learnt what worked and didn't work for Vardy in that particular game and plan accordingly when brought on.

I understand this side of it too, it's a fair opinion.

I'd pick the team based on form and would argue that Vardy isn't doing enough at the moment.

He's not Pele, a reminder that he has genuine competition for his place in the team is only a good thing.

I still don't see why it's either or. Let's strap on a pair and play with some attacking pace a flair. Iheanacho will come deeper to get the ball naturally as he has done every time we have seen him so there's no reason they can't start together. I'd certainly go down that route.

Will Mahrez even be selected? Either gone, going or unsettled??

Could do without this transfer day shenanigans on a match day.

Playing matches on deadline day is ****ing stupid isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566