Pre Match Everton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Key players will return but diabete and Iheanacho deserve a place on the bench minimum. Not an easy game but certainly winnable. I think we will maintain the good form with a 1-2 win Vardy Mahrez

We need to have a full dig at them, they are there for the taking.

Schmeichel
Amartey Dragovic Maguire Chilwell
Ndidi James
Mahrez Okazaki Albrighton
Vardy

Iheanacho Jakupovic Diabate Gray Silva Huth Fuchs

Getting to the point where we have to make decisions like Morgan, Iborra, King, Slimani, Simpson not in the match day squad. Not saying we have an embarrassment of riches for an upper mid table club. But not far off.

2-0 defeat then

Beetroot will not be eligable so we’ll be forced to play a team of swedes. But we haven’t had any since Nils-Erik Johansson or whatever his name was. Or was it that Astrid guy? Anyhow, we’re ****ed since they’ve had Limpar.

Schmeichel
Simpson
Maguire
Dragovic
Fuchs
Mahrez
Ndidi
Silva
Albrighton
Vardy
Iheanacho

That's what I'd go for. Attacking and pacey up top with control and calm in the middle. Fuchs over Chilwell on the premise he is a better defender. I'll be miles out though - Puel will more than likely go with Morgan over Dragovic, Chilwell over Fuchs, James over Silva, Gray over Albrighton and Okazaki over Iheanacho!

Personally, I don't see Vardy and Iheanacho starting in the same team. For me, it's either/or.

I'd like to see Iheanacho start with Vardy on the bench. Maybe a brave move but it sends Kelechi a strong, positive message - we trust you now take your chance. I doubt Vardy would pack a sad if he's made aware of the context in advance..... says he

But wtf do I know? I didn't see yesterday's selection coming and that worked out ok!

I am warming to Iheanacho but if we are selecting based on keeping players happy I would pick Vardy. He is still one of our best and most important players and has a few good years left in him. Iheanacho can come off the bench and try to make an impact.

Personally, I don't see Vardy and Iheanacho starting in the same team. For me, it's either/or.

I'd like to see Iheanacho start with Vardy on the bench. Maybe a brave move but it sends Kelechi a strong, positive message - we trust you now take your chance. I doubt Vardy would pack a sad if he's made aware of the context in advance..... says he

But wtf do I know? I didn't see yesterday's selection coming and that worked out ok!

Sorry, that’s just plain daft of gargantuan proportions.

And this is why the rotation/giving players a chance thing is a bit of a lie. Regardless of how well anyone plays it'll just be the same players as normal. It's not about chances to impress it's about not really giving a shit about the cup.

Still think the disregard is pretty short sighted from clubs. yes a place higher in the league is worth more in the short term but surely ambition and chasing trophies will keep fans interested. Teams I've noticed with drops in attendances are often those content with finishing mid table and being on the beach from March.

And this is why the rotation/giving players a chance thing is a bit of a lie. Regardless of how well anyone plays it'll just be the same players as normal. It's not about chances to impress it's about not really giving a shit about the cup.

Still think the disregard is pretty short sighted from clubs. yes a place higher in the league is worth more in the short term but surely ambition and chasing trophies will keep fans interested. Teams I've noticed with drops in attendances are often those content with finishing mid table and being on the beach from March.
Of those who played yesterday, Fuchs, Simpson, Maguire, Iborra and Gray are all 'first team' choices. Silva needs game time (and this game was ideal) but he will, no doubt, be a first team regular and Diabate was a debutant for whom a games such as this are a perfect intro. I'd say the squad rotation was exactly that; simply rotation and it worked perfectly well. As such, it really doesn't have anything to do with 'not caring' about the cup.

Let's have a look at the argument a different way. Maybe Puel cares so much about the cup that he is saving his 'top' players from possible injury in easily winnable games so that if we draw Manchester City in the next round they will be available for selection. I mean, it may be utter tosh but no more so than the 'we don't care about the cup' argument. The evidence for either is the same - nil.

Puel had the cavalry on the bench but they were not needed, so his selection was spot on.

Play a good enough team. If we had to beat Man City he might decide that Morgan is his best defender, but coming back from injury may start him on the bench. Great managers make the judgement calls.

Slimani does not get a start. We can see him for maybe a maximum of 90+ minutes a week. Puel sees him for maybe 15-20 hours a week. He sees his fitness, his skills, his work rate and his attitude.

It is easy for us to just say "He just needs game time and he will be great". I am sure if that was the case, Puel would started him ahead of Vardy on many occasions.

Someone like Okazaki is different. You know that you will always get a 100% performance and that he will terrorise defenders. I think starting Okazaki is simply a tactical decision, but I would be very surprised if he is not always in a PL squad.

Let's have a look at the argument a different way. Maybe Puel cares so much about the cup that he is saving his 'top' players from possible injury in easily winnable games so that if we draw Manchester City in the next round they will be available for selection. I mean, it may be utter tosh but no more so than the 'we don't care about the cup' argument. The evidence for either is the same - nil.

The inclusion of Benny is enough evidence for me. If you're taking a game seriously he shouldn't even make the bench.

Schmeichel

Amartey
Maguire
Dragovic
Chilwell

Albrighton
Ndidi
Silva
Gray

Mahrez
Iheanacho

BOOM.

So, you would drop Vardy? Please explain why.
They play with a deep defence and will hoof the ball clear instead of playing out. Iheanacho deserves a chance to start and I think this game could suit him. Get balls into the box for him to attack.

They play with a deep defence and will hoof the ball clear instead of playing out. Iheanacho deserves a chance to start and I think this game could suit him. Get balls into the box for him to attack.

So that would also suit Vardy, Slimani, Diamate and Okazaki!

I would give Iheanacho a chance in the league, why not?

Vardy has been missing numerous goal scoring opportunities for weeks, including a few one on ones.

I would give Iheanacho a chance in the league, why not?

Home to Swansea next Saturday and I might agree. However, this is a tough match against the only side that I can see realistically challenging us for the final European place (7th).

Therefore we should go with our strongest line up. And that always includes Vardy.

Home to Swansea next Saturday and I might agree. However, this is a tough match against the only side that I can see realistically challenging us for the final European place (7th).

Therefore we should go with our strongest line up. And that always includes Vardy.

I reckon Everton are bobbins and any reasonably attacking side we put out should beat them. I actually think Swansea will be a tougher test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566