Match Thread Everton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen better games on Knighton park. Get the utter waste of space that is ghezzal off, switch Ricardo to the right and put Albrighton wide left. Oh and while he is at it put maddison on for ndidi. This game is there for the winning if we actually had a proper go at it but of course that won't happen.

Have the last game and a half persuaded anyone that my suggestion had some merit that we ought to have made eleven changes against Cardiff and then again today?

Could it have been any worse?

Could it have been worse? Not by much.

Not persuaded by your argument though. It was our normal negative approach which cost us against the worst away side in the league. Puel would have gone with the same approach regardless of personnel.

Souness has just described our style of play perfectly. I disagree with him that it is an issue across all outside the top six though. Wolves, Bournemouth, Everton (despite today’s evidence), Watford and West Ham are all more positive than we are.

I can only think they are either still pissed from last night or horribly confused when they see a blue shirt and think it's a team mate. There can be no other explanations for 11 professional footballers being SO shit.

Albrighton on for Ghezzal. 45 mins too late.

Have the last game and a half persuaded anyone that my suggestion had some merit that we ought to have made eleven changes against Cardiff and then again today?

Could it have been any worse?
No. It would have made absolutely no difference at all. This is about incompetence in management.

Everyone full on New Year cheer it seems.

It's not been pretty but Everton haven't really been much better - Kasper has had nothing to do all game.

Changes were always needed. We only played 2-3 days ago and they were ****ed then so hardly too surprising and nothing that strange really. Ricardo on the left a bit meh but far from the poorest showing.

Plenty of pace and energy on the bench and we could easily take 3 points here by stepping things up and pushing on as we tend to in matches, especially away from home.

Incredible stat this. Chilwell lost possession 22 times in that half. Surely that must be a record?
He was awful. Only Evans and Choudhury showed any signs of being remotely able to play football. Vardy as well whenever he could get near the ball.

Sky sports:”We’ve not had any information of an injury to Ghezzal”

No... he’s been replaced because he’s been dogshit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263