Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

Lee Morris (remember him?) has signed for Hereford.

Lee Morris (remember him?) has signed for Hereford.

I do, and I'm pleased.

Given the amount of time he spent on the treatment table and down at the surgeons, many others would have given up. He's not the player he once was, since he's lost almost all of his pace, and he won't play at the level he once did but it's clear he loves the game and he always used to read the play pretty well. So I wish him well.

Tom Cleverley scored for Man United in a pre season friendly at Luton tonight.

Which former Leicester great is being talked about here?

"****** has got a fantastic pedigree and we've seen his quality".

"His use of the ball is first-class and he has the knowledge to do the right thing at the right time."

"You only have to look at some of the clubs he's played for."

"He can play at right-back but can also do the holding role in midfield, and should be a big influence for us both on the field and in the dressing room."

You guessed it right away, I'm sure... John Curtis :icon_eek: has signed for Northampton.

That was Stuart Gray making a fool of himself with those quotes, something he'll look back on in a few months with a real sense of self loathing.

"All the players were woken up in the morning with smoke grenades at quarter past six, which was fun. They were then marched out by a physical training instructor who had a neck like two pitbull terriers."
Cheltenham manager Martin Allen sounds amused as his players settle into their first day at an army training camp ahead of the new season. (Dave, Macclesfield).

Not quite players, but I see some people's methods never change!

Not quite players, but I see some people's methods never change!

Fcukin nutter. Wonder if he still does those articles like he did when he was here?

"We've got a few doubts for the start of the season - 2 of them broke their legs on the assault course and I punched one of them in the face. It was all in good fun though and everyone received a bag of mini mars bars and a barbeque set afterwards, so all's well that ends well. Must dash, I'm off to plant some flowers at the training ground and punch another player."

Worley realeased from a trial at Southend. They've signed Heath on loan instead.

"We've got a few doubts for the start of the season - 2 of them broke their legs on the assault course and I punched one of them in the face. It was all in good fun though and everyone received a bag of mini mars bars and a barbeque set afterwards, so all's well that ends well. Must dash, I'm off to plant some flowers at the training ground and punch another player."

:081::081::081:

It is incredible Harry Worley played his one and only game for Foxes at Stoke a few years back, a match we had to win, yet now can't find a club at all. Beggars belief.

It is incredible Harry Worley played his one and only game for Foxes at Stoke a few years back, a match we had to win, yet now can't find a club at all. Beggars belief.

:018:

He played against Sheff Utd away 0-3, Can't remember how long he played in that match though.

From what I remember of the Stoke game - and I've done a pretty good job of blotting it out - he didn't play that badly, it's just that he was plonked in midfield by master tactician Ian Holloway and couldn't make any impact on the game.

I can't believe an ex-Chelsea trainee can't even get a contract at Luton though, he must have some pedigree. TBH, I didn't even know we'd released him.

From what I remember of the Stoke game - and I've done a pretty good job of blotting it out - he didn't play that badly, it's just that he was plonked in midfield by master tactician Ian Holloway and couldn't make any impact on the game.

I can't believe an ex-Chelsea trainee can't even get a contract at Luton though, he must have some pedigree. TBH, I didn't even know we'd released him.

We haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00