Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

Alex Cisak has made the GK position his own at Accrington, who have made a late season push for the D2 playoffs. Included in the Division team of the month for March, and is challenging for a place in the Aussie Olympic squad. Nice to see an academy graduate proving there is more to the afterlife than a bit of benchwarming, the loan spell, then the scrap heap.

Max Gradel named Leeds Player of the Year, by players and supporters.

Max Gradel named Leeds Player of the Year, by players and supporters.

Start the 'Why did we sell Gradel?' thread or I'm sure Bazzles (I think that was his name) will pop by to give us a nice post about Gradel...

Kisnorbo about to come on for Leeds... with a fetching bandage around his head :icon_lol:

I was working at Chesterfield station this morning and I recognised 2 Sportsmen having a coffee (at separate times) the first was Michael Vaughan having a 1:1 with someone before getting on a train down to London.

The second was Gary Megson, who was by himself having a coffee for about 15 minutes without anyone talking to him. As he went past me I couldn't resist talking to him.
"So are you off to sign another Leicester player" I said. "I'm not going to Leicester" the Ginger twat responded, probably thinking I was a Wednesday fan unhappy with Michael Morrison. "No", I said "I'm a Leicester fan, just wondered if there were any other of our players you were after". To which he smiled and turned round to continue his walk under the subway, which leads to the platform for the train going down to London. I nearly asked him if Milan was keeping him on his toes particularly as another ex City boss Micky had been sacked last night.

I see Frank Sinclair was playing for Wrexham at Luton last night as they lost 2-1 (5-1 on aggregate). Luton now play Wimbledon (if they keep the 2-0 lead over Fleetwood) in the final for a place in the Football League. In the 80's both teams were in the top League and in Wembley finals (well Wimbledon I suppose is a new Club but I never recognised MK as their successors) Nice to see either team back.

I was working at Chesterfield station this morning and I recognised 2 Sportsmen having a coffee (at separate times) the first was Michael Vaughan having a 1:1 with someone before getting on a train down to London.

The second was Gary Megson, who was by himself having a coffee for about 15 minutes without anyone talking to him. As he went past me I couldn't resist talking to him.
"So are you off to sign another Leicester player" I said. "I'm not going to Leicester" the Ginger twat responded, probably thinking I was a Wednesday fan unhappy with Michael Morrison. "No", I said "I'm a Leicester fan, just wondered if there were any other of our players you were after". To which he smiled and turned round to continue his walk under the subway, which leads to the platform for the train going down to London. I nearly asked him if Milan was keeping him on his toes particularly as another ex City boss Micky had been sacked last night.

Interesting first post. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks

I saw Megson lagain later when he returned about 4-30 and he didn't looked too happy. I imagine he'd had lunch meeting with a possible player or contact. He still had time to have a laugh though when the car parking machine shot out a number of coins in change, you'd have thought he'd won on a slot machine.

What a joke, he's the best manager they've had for ages! I know they say you can't, but he's actually polished a turd there.

What a joke, he's the best manager they've had for ages! I know they say you can't, but he's actually polished a turd there.

Mythbusters proved you could polish a turd but getting rid of Robins is a pile of cack. :icon_roll

They're the biggest club in South Yorkshire now, obviously this has gone to their heads.

Mark Robins given the boot at Barnsley

Notice this

He was placed on gardening leave by Rotherham while he held talks with Barnsley and was confirmed as boss in September 2009

History repeating itself? Sheffield united are looking and he won't have to move house

2 Ex City players, Billy Kee and Guy Branston, in the Torquay team that beat Shrewsbury 2-0 and puts them in the driving seat for the League 2 Play-off final.

But this below made me laugh.

Shrews manager Graham Turner may be left to rue the 'oversight' which led to on-loan Torquay striker Jake Robinson being allowed to face his parent club, as the 24-year-old was instrumental in helping the Gulls seal a two-goal cushion.

I just hope that if Torquay do make it to League 1 that Robinson gets offered a contract by Torquay and doesn't have to return to Shrewsbury, as their fans aren't likely to forgive him that quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669