Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

Jonathan Hayes, Richard Cresswell, Gareth Williams, Mark de Vries, Hossein Kaebi, Matt Heath, Paul Brooker, Lee Morris, Momo Sylla, Stephen Hughes, Alan Maybury, Scot Gemmill, Rufus Brevett, Peter ****ing Gilbert, Collins John...

You underestimate Blue Maniac's memory, Sheen Fox. He remembers old Momo, despite apparently suffering from Alzheimers.

You underestimate Blue Maniac's memory, Sheen Fox. He remembers old Momo, despite apparently suffering from Alzheimers.
I remember. I was at Bramall Lane. I've only just come off suicide watch as it happens.

I remember. I was at Bramall Lane. I've only just come off suicide watch as it happens.

Did you take your shoes off?

Did you take your shoes off?
"Shoo-zoff!" was actually far less horrifying than watching Momo sprint threateningly down the wing with the ball at his feet before inexplicably walloping it with the outside of his foot high into the fans behind the goal. Repeatedly. Momo's performance at Bramall Lane that day was so egregiously incompetent that I initially thought he was having some sort of stroke. It turned out he was just... did you ever catch any WWF wrestling in the early 90s? There was a guy who went under the horrible ring name of The Ultimate Warrior (who has a fascinating and frankly quite terrifying real life story, but that doesn't belong here). Anyway, he would sprint to the ring to some pretty cool sounding music, act mental, shake the ropes a bit and generally get people excited - then he'd invariably put on an embarrassingly terrible match, which he would usually win, then **** off again. That was Momo for me: he looked really exciting in the build up and then did something so unbelievably bad that you forgot you were excited in the first place and suddenly never wanted to see him again.

Ade Akinbiyi joins Frank Sinclair at Colwyn Bay as player coach

From the Urawa Red Diamonds game against Arsenal that is currently taking place

A curious corner is haplessly dealt with at the near post - neither Ramsey nor Podolski showing enough heart of really clear their lines - and the ball falls to Yuki Abe - a man with 50 appearances for Leicester City under his belt - who shows plenty of composure to rifle home

I learned a lot about Japan while Yuki was here. For example, according to some Lecester fans people from Japan eat ****ing dogs, and according to the bloke who spoke to me in a pub after a game once, people from Japan are called 'Chinese'.

Bloke in the pub was clearly being set up to fail, I'm betting he'll no longer in the pub come October.

I learned a lot about Japan while Yuki was here. For example, according to some Lecester fans people from Japan eat ****ing dogs, and according to the bloke who spoke to me in a pub after a game once, people from Japan are called 'Chinese'.

The main thing I learnt whilst he was here was that none of my colleagues in Japan had a clue who he was.

The main thing I learnt whilst he was here was that none of my colleagues in Japan had a clue who he was.
His name must have had some value, he'd already played 40 times for Japan by the time he came here. Maybe your colleagues don't follow football. Ask if they know who Curry Man is.

His name must have had some value, he'd already played 40 times for Japan by the time he came here. Maybe your colleagues don't follow football. Ask if they know who Curry Man is.

They mainly follow premier league teams if any at all, even the mention of Gary Lineker (our head office is in Nagoya) usually gets blank looks. Baseball is the main sport the Japanese follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669