Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

Went Accy Stanley-Cheltenham today and seen the dream strikeforce of Hayles & Hammond. Tbf, they never gain any service but surely, Allen is on borrowed time. He played Low at left back, a right footed striker on the left wing and then when an injury meant a change, he put the smallest bloke on the pitch at centre-half. As the four goals went in, the back four's personnel kept changing and eventually ended up with a 37 yr old striker playing centre-half. Lovely work by Maddog.

Went Accy Stanley-Cheltenham today and seen the dream strikeforce of Hayles & Hammond. Tbf, they never gain any service but surely, Allen is on borrowed time. He played Low at left back, a right footed striker on the left wing and then when an injury meant a change, he put the smallest bloke on the pitch at centre-half. As the four goals went in, the back four's personnel kept changing and eventually ended up with a 37 yr old striker playing centre-half. Lovely work by Maddog.

Considering the financial position they're in, if he keeps them in the Football League he's done a superb job. Sounds like a bizarre game though.

This made me smile...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/lincoln_city/8297710.stm

Lincoln City manager Chris Sutton says midfielder Stefan Oakes is the most talented player in League Two.

I remember that deflected free kick he scored against Sunderland in the 5-2 win at Filbert Street when Stan Collymore scored that hat trick.

I used to know Stef Oakes' dad, Trever of Shawoddywoddy fame.

Strange man.

Don't throw that word around, it'll cease to mean anything if you do.

Fine.:icon_roll

I used to know Stef Oakes' dad, Trevor who was in a band i'm aware of but have no idea what they sang or sounded like. He also liked to wax his car in nothing but a pair of speedos (true).

Strange man.

Considering the financial position they're in, if he keeps them in the Football League he's done a superb job. Sounds like a bizarre game though.

According to a few Cheltenham fans, he doesn't help the financial situation by forever signing loanees. Never had a problem under John Ward in this sense apparently.

Bit disappointed I didn't see Kee....Accy fans rate him.

Tom cleverley got his fifth goal at the weekend - shame we didn't manage to get him in again as I think he could have added that extra bit of quality we needed to finish off some of these games.

I hate to say but Mark Davies is quality ain't he? Went on one of those 20 yard dribbles on Saturday at Old Trafford. I blame that one on Sky and having that Yeovil game televised.

Dickov and Sav give the shaggers a 2-0 lead against QPR, only to lose 4-2:)

Dickov and Sav give the shaggers a 2-0 lead against QPR, only to lose 4-2:)

:icon_lol: That was funny wasn't it? I was ready to throw the coffee table at the tv when Sav hit that free-kick. How different I was at the end when the penalty went in - nearly burnt my foot when I spilled my tea celebrating.

:icon_lol: That was funny wasn't it? I was ready to throw the coffee table at the tv when Sav hit that free-kick. How different I was at the end when the penalty went in - nearly burnt my foot when I spilled my tea celebrating.

Superb stuff, Derby looked very poor.

QPR's first wasn't a free kick, the third was a comedy of errors and the fourth wasn't a penalty. The boos at the end made me PMSL LOOL ROFL.

Superb stuff, Derby looked very poor.

QPR's first wasn't a free kick, the third was a comedy of errors and the fourth wasn't a penalty. The boos at the end made me PMSL LOOL ROFL.

Agreed on QPR's first and fourth. Neither of the free-kicks leading to Derby's goals should have been given either. The ref was pish. All the t-shirts on the pitch made me chuckle :icon_lol:

Agreed on QPR's first and fourth. Neither of the free-kicks leading to Derby's goals should have been given either. The ref was pish. All the t-shirts on the pitch made me chuckle :icon_lol:

Remember when we got thumped by Villa last time we were in the Prem? Either Nuts or Zoo had just been launched and everyone got a copy, almost every single one ended up being thrown on the pitch.(after the pics of tits had been examined, I love fun bags. Some one should.....

In other, slightly older, news, Harrogate Town are Trevor Benjamin's second club of the season already, and he's scored three in three. He's now played for 23 different clubs. I'm pretty sure he's played for more teams than any other active footballer. Even Steve Claridge only played for 20.

In other, slightly older, news, Harrogate Town are Trevor Benjamin's second club of the season already, and he's scored three in three. He's now played for 23 different clubs. I'm pretty sure he's played for more teams than any other active footballer. Even Steve Claridge only played for 20.

Claridge was in Fan Club last night, my mate saw him and got a photo with him - he sounds like a top bloke.

Aww, thats so sad about Galloway, I remember him standing up to that tw@t Duncan Ferguson when I was younger, didn't he have a car crash in Dunton Bassett that nearly did for him??...

Last edited:

Lutz Pfannenstiel has played for 25 clubs, and professionally on all six continents. Currently he is playing for Ramblers FC in Namibia. In the past he played for Nottingham Forest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutz_Pfannenstiel

Last edited:

Aww, thats so sad about Galloway, I remember him standing up to that tw@t Duncan Ferguson when I was younger, didn't he have a car crash in Dunton Bassett that nearly did for him??...

He did. Travelled the well-trodden path down to alcoholism and depression. Sad story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669