Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

He was crap last night, no end product at all. He got booked for being petulant and got into an argument with a team mate.

Talk of the4 Leeds players getting attacked on the pitch last night Jeff, was that you?

Talk of the4 Leeds players getting attacked on the pitch last night Jeff, was that you?

I didn't see any players "attacked". When the pitch invasion started some of the Leeds players just stood around watching, when leaving the pitch would have seemed a sensible thing to do. I saw a confrontation between a fan and a Leeds player, but nothing that could be described as an attack.
I'm sure if anything bad did happen there will be TV pictures, and those guilty will be dealt with. But I think it's more likely that Leeds are just making excuses. They've also complained about the end the penalties were taken at.

Four of the last five Carlisle games I've been to have ended up with pitch invasions. The one that didn't was when we played there last season.

Foundation player and Sydney FC captain Steve Corica today announced he will retire at the end of the 2009/10 Hyundai A-League season, bringing down the curtain on a stellar 21-year professional career that has spanned three continents and more than 500 games.

A Sky Blues legend, Corica has played 106 A-League games for Sydney FC and is the clubs greatest ever goal scorer with 23 goals, including the match winning strike that handed the Sky Blues the inaugural A-League title in 2005/06.

Corica will remain at Sydney FC to take up a coaching role with the club from next season.

“My body probably could go for another year but I want to finish on good note and I have done that,” Corica said. “I have played well this season and so has the team.”

“I have a great chance to finish on a winning note, especially with this weekend’s game and the upcoming finals.

“I want to thank my family for everything they have done for me. We have moved to a lot of places over the years but they have always supported and been there for me. I want to thank my parents and brothers and family in Queensland, my wife Sandra and my children Teshana, Chloe and Jake. They are the most important thing in my life.

“The reason I did it today is so I can give the fans a chance to see me play. I want to thank the fans for their support. I have a great relationship with them and want to see them get behind us on Sunday. I want to thank them for getting behind me and the team over the last five years. They have been fantastic to me.

Old Corica looked mustard when we first signed him...went off the boil a bit though before we sold him and made a tidy profit.

I would look up the transfer fee on the interwebs somewhere...but I can't be bothered..

:icon_wink

I looked up the numbers - we bought him cheap and sold him for more expensive, like, so you're spot on.

Twattock scored today to keep West Brom in the mix.

just seen Ade Akinbeyi play a flawless 90 mins.....

...... on the bench for Notts County. Ditto Russell Hoult.

Also on show was Jamie Clapham. lasted an hour.

Last edited:

Anyone see that twat W*s* on the ITV Cup compilation this morning. Asking him about Robbie Savage - I notice Matt Smith not mention they used to play together for City

Last edited:

Anyone see that twat W*s* on the ITV Cup compilation this morning. Asking him about Robbie Savage - I notice Matt Smith not mention they used to play together for City

I tried watching it, but as soon as his face appeared on screen off it went.

Just watching Joe Mattock getting absolutely destroyed by Danny Haynes live on national television...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669