Expected Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about will hoskins from rotherham, scored a great goal against forest on sat and hes scored loads this year, might be cheap too with rotherham in the position there in.

This is my first post by the way!! hello all!!

Welcome. :039: :039: :039: :039: :039:

Mark Draper, Gary Parker, Muzzy Izzet, Neil Lennon - Oh for a bit of quality, there must be someone out there!!!

Compare our current crop to the aforementioned, desperate times i'm afraid. I'd be depressed if i were our strikers.

I'd like to see anthony Stokes currently on loan at falkirk on a loan/ permenant basis from arsenal. he looks class and was linked with other championship clubs so why not us. i'd like to see joey back at CM. Him and weso looked class in the centre last term.

welcome shents.

I havent a clue who we should buy, i just hope its somebody good.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lee Trundle here, I reckon he'd score a bagful for us.

IMO Joey was that good untill he entered the last year of his contract when he was obviously playing for a new one.

There are better midfielders out there than him, but depends on how much MM gives kelly to spend.

No need to worry

No need to worry about transfer rumours until January - more need to worry about winning our next two or three so that it actually matters what happens in January.
Williams, Wesolowski and McCarthy will likely be back in for Derby. A real bonus given that our stutter has largely been down to the shuffling of defenders/ wingers into central midfield to make up for the loss of Williams, who was really starting to knock it around before he got injured.
Keep Sylla, Tiatto, Weso and Stearman running around like crazy after the ball and get Williams some space so that we can get some more intelligent balls into Fryatt and Hume.

Porter and Welsh can be used to keep the opposition full backs pinned back towards the end of matches with a bit of pace.

As for the Fryatt - Is he 'SHIT' question. I think the answer is that he needs to be in a Footballing side, rather than a kick and wrestle side (the style that Hammond seems to thrive on). Having Williams back in the side will increase the likelihood of us actually getting in behind teams or down the flanks through playing decent angles, which will bring Fryatt's goal poaching and one touch lay offs into play.

I'm having a 10 spot on him getting a goal on saturday.

Nah I think that Fryatt look very much off the pace. His first touch for the last few matches has been woeful. I think that RK needs to remember that RS is a right back not Mr Versatility!! Either he should play at right back or be on the bench. We aren't really a passing footballing side, I don't think that they should try and be one instead of playing to our strengths.

'Not a passing football side'?

You can't win a game or score a goal without at least one decent pass.

I'm not saying that are strengths aren't a strong defence and an enthusiastic approach (just like under o'neill)

But we need to maximise the amount of time our best passer (williams) spends on the ball. And allow him to dictate when the game is plyed short, when it goes wide, and when it goes long/into the channels. With the other midfielders/attackers working to give him the options to do that.

Leaving the bulk of the passing to the centre backs, the full backs and the wingers would mean we need a player like Heskey to hold the ball up repeatedly and bring others into the game. We don't have one and so we need a player like Williams to be given the support to provide the bit of quality that we all know he has.

Re: No need to worry

No need to worry about transfer rumours until January - more need to worry about winning our next two or three so that it actually matters what happens in January..
No need to worry about the next two or three games in the "Expected Transfer Rumours" thread either :icon_wink

I noticed yeasterday on BBC's transfer rumours page that Neil Warnock would be interested in loaning out Neil Shipperly...In light of what we have been saying I think he might be a good option to have.

Shipperley would be a good shout.
We need one striker who makes the crowd think that a cross to the far post might get met by a header.
We've had Roberts, Marshall and then Deane in the past. and players like that will always score goals in the Championsip. Whilst, Hume would get brought into the game a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00