FA Cup 5th Round: Aston Villa v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester City’s FA Cup Fifth Round clash with Aston Villa at Villa Park has been confirmed for Sunday 15 February (KO 12.30pm) and will be broadcast live on BBC One.

Leicester City’s FA Cup Fifth Round clash with Aston Villa at Villa Park has been confirmed for Sunday 15 February (KO 12.30pm) and will be broadcast live on BBC One.

Excellent, hopefully tickets will be cheaper.

Like they were when we played them away and it was on Sky? :icon_lol:

Good point, on the other hand it's ruined slightly with it being a 12.30 kickoff, have to see what the old man says.

Good point, on the other hand it's ruined slightly with it being a 12.30 kickoff, have to see what the old man says.

I think they charged Bournemouth £20 Adults and £15 concession - one tariff.

I'd expect the same for STH and maybe £25 adult non STH.

Bugger, can't make it now due to slow trains on a Sunday on my line + engineering works out of Euston. Sodding telly.

Stunning decision by the beeb. Apart from the Derby/Reading game, it's possibly the most uninteresting tie for any neutral.

I think it'll be a rip snorter actually.

Do you not think there are better second or third choice games they could have shown, for the neutral football fan?

I would put whatever tie comes from Preston or Sheffield United v Manchester United or Cambridge United ahead. Manchester United were broadcast last time so that doesn't seem fair. Arsenal v Boro would have been better from the Riverside but maybe can go ahead too. Bradford v Sunderland would be great, less sure about Bradford v Fulham though. So all in all, I wouldn't say it's cut and dried.

I would put whatever tie comes from Preston or Sheffield United v Manchester United or Cambridge United ahead. Manchester United were broadcast last time so that doesn't seem fair. Arsenal v Boro would have been better from the Riverside but maybe can go ahead too. Bradford v Sunderland would be great, less sure about Bradford v Fulham though. So all in all, I wouldn't say it's cut and dried.

Man Utd will always be chosen for TV coverage. They're too valuable for the companies to not choose them.

Do you not think there are better second or third choice games they could have shown, for the neutral football fan?

Not really

It's rather odd that after a fantastic result at Chelsea, there's no coverage of Bradford at home to higher division opposition.
I think that must be down to the replay factor. Against Sunderland would be attractive, and Valley Parade will be full and rocking. Not sure that applies if Fulham go through though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669