FA Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
More away fans than home, well it'll be close, how embarrassing.

Regardless of rivals or not rivals it's a close game that most fans can get to but I can guarantee Forest wouldn't muster this if it was at our place, nothing even close.

Sold out - 8,000 away fans is fantastic!!

Tremendous support. I know it's local but given our displays on the road since August last year it's a superb turnout.

According to the Florist forums, they've only sold 2,000 tickets! Should be a very interesting one if so.

Love it how Florist are using the old 'we don't care about Leicester' Bollocks, In actual fact all it shows is they don't care about their own club.

I would be embarrassed If we played in any game where the away support outnumbered us, even against shit like Forest.

Love it how Florist are using the old 'we don't care about Leicester' Bollocks, In actual fact all it shows is they don't care about their own club.

I would be embarrassed If we played in any game where the away support outnumbered us, even against shit like Forest.

Agreed, Lako...that old chestnut comes out every time they get shown up as the fair weather fans the majority of them are.

Forest fans have been dumped by the club for so long now that they are simply showing their displeasure by voting with their feet.

A whole catalogue of shit aimed at the fans with fans being chucked out and season tickets being confiscated by "security guards" for daring to stand and cheer goals - when we used to score them that is.

Billy Davis being sacked and McClown (and his folks) brought in, allied with the uninspiring Cotterill appointment had pissed fans off wholesale. We have a chairman puppet with a despised CEO and an owner that has a now, unwanted train set but won't sell it.

I haven't even got my ticket yet although I will do.

Enjoy the game and hope, but doubt, that you leave in defeat.

8,000 is a massive away day regardless of the competition. Does anyone know the record for away attendances at the KP/Walkers for a league or cup match? I daresay Leeds'd probably be up there.

Last edited:
8,000 is a massive away day regardless of the competition. Does anyone know the record for away attendances at the KP/Walkers for a league or cup match? I daresay Leeds'd probably be up there.

How many did Man City bring when they were here last season? It looked like thousands.

Forest fans have been dumped by the club for so long now that they are simply showing their displeasure by voting with their feet.

A whole catalogue of shit aimed at the fans with fans being chucked out and season tickets being confiscated by "security guards" for daring to stand and cheer goals - when we used to score them that is.

Billy Davis being sacked and McClown (and his folks) brought in, allied with the uninspiring Cotterill appointment had pissed fans off wholesale. We have a chairman puppet with a despised CEO and an owner that has a now, unwanted train set but won't sell it.

I haven't even got my ticket yet although I will do.

Enjoy the game and hope, but doubt, that you leave in defeat.
On a serious note, what the **** is going on? How does a club like Forest get into this level of shit?

On a serious note, what the **** is going on? How does a club like Forest get into this level of shit?
Jeez, this is one of those times when writing it down doesn't do it justice as you'de get fed up of reading it.

Essentially - and really simplified, we had ( still have until he sells up ) a owner Nigel Doughty who bought the club lock stock etc. He had his fingers ( wallet ) burned by David Platt and ever since he has been fanatical about not trusting the managers to buy players so he introduced a Transfers Acquisitions Panel where they discussed any players wanted by the manager and said yay or nay, plus Doughty every now and again would inflict players on the incumbent manager ( Andy Cole / Boyd from Peterborough ).

He ( they ) have failed to back the manager when needed ( last two January windows ) despite their immortal "we shall only buy from a position of strength" perhaps 2 points clear of third and two games in hand wasnt a strong enough position for him.

He had the best manager we have had for a dozen years in Billy Davis and steadfastly refused to back him and Billy had to repeatedly berate the board in the press to make his poin crystal clear and ultimately boardroom harmony was far more important than on-field success. After all, in your life time how many managers have been sacked when none of the fans wanted it - especially after two successive play off campaigns.

We have a hated CEO ( real smarmy oily bastard in Mark Arthur ) who is a complete numpty and incompetent, this is the guy that has run the run the club on Doughtys behalf for a dozen years and somehow made us over 75 million in debt to Doughty ( lots of it is interest charges that Doughty charges the cub ). He came out with "we are serious about promotion are you ?" as a pre-season Season Ticket campaign and then forgot to back the manager.

We have Alan Bexon - Security Chief, who single-handedly is trying his damnest to rid the ground of any and all entertainment, we have stewards, plod and security ( doorman / bouncers ) staff chucking folk out wholesale.

In essence, Doughty the club for 12m back in 99/00 and here we are now, in a worse position only we owe him 75m with him publically stating that Mark Arthur is his best ever signing - total farce and fiasco.

The small club thinking of theirs is why you have the Upper Bridgford Stand as well as the lower, all they had to do was open up it up for Forest fans and it would have been filled, after all, that is where the noisy element are based but now they conceded home advantage just so that they can sell more tickets to you lot - amatuerish and extremely shortsighted

Nothing will change until Nigel Doughty sells up and effs off, taking Mark Arthur and John Pelling ( Financial Director ) with him.

As I say, vastly over simplified but it gives you an idea.

Can you see that ever happening without administration being involved?

Why would they need to go into administration? If all the debt is to Doughty, he'll only be costing himself that money. Surely he could just write off the debt with the same net effect?

It is entirely possible that I'm wrong here and missing something obvious though :icon_bigg

Can you see that ever happening without administration being involved?
He says, and historically speaking regarding the mealy mouthed words coming from him, and words are cheap, that he doesn't want his money back.

He has the best of both worlds now, he has installed a puppet in as chairman - Frank Clark, to take any shit, but still owns the club.

Other Doughtyisms include, "I would rather give my money to charity than to overpaid footballers" he has referred to his own fans as pond life.

Admin would be welcome relief as it gets rid of him and his cronies, wouldn't happen as there would be nowt in it for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69