FA Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, this is one of those times when writing it down doesn't do it justice as you'de get fed up of reading it.

Reading about F!"£$t being in trouble will never bore me.
:icon_wink

The small club thinking of theirs is why you have the Upper Bridgford Stand as well as the lower,

I can wholly sympathise with the rest of what you have written but with the FA's 15% rule, they probably had little other option on this.

Last edited:
I can wholly sympathise with the rest of what you have written but with the FA's 15% rule, they probably had little other option on this.
We have only done it twice, and the 15% rule only applies "safety permitting" and the capacity of lower Bridgford of around 4250 is around 14% so easily within limits.

Most clubs ignore the 15% rule if they want to ( Man City v Man U for instance ). They just have to invoke spurious elf and safety concerns.

We have only done it twice, and the 15% rule only applies "safety permitting" and the capacity of lower Bridgford of around 4250 is around 14% so easily within limits.

You're right - I apologise. In fact the lower Bridgford is quoted as holding 4,750; almost 16% of the current capacity. So the real reason that they have let us have the upper (and part of a side) is, as you say, that F!"£$t fans will not fill it because of their disenchantment with the board and they're just trying to get in as much money as possible without caring where it comes from. Your club is clearly in more trouble than I thought.

Last edited:
Can I just say I'm liking Rich_B at the minute, IANGWOC. Much better than some other opposition fans.

Can I just say I'm liking Rich_B at the minute, IANGWOC. Much better than some other opposition fans.

I said a few months ago that I enjoy the posts of Rich B, Rhydal and Bazzles, IMO they're good additions to the site as opposition fans.

Last edited:
I said a few months ago that I enjoy the posts of Rich B, Rhydal and Bazzles, IMO they're good additions to the site as opposition fans.

I enjoy the presence of any opposition fan who knows how to behave themselves on a rival message board and these are three who do. It's a pity about the others.

Other than Wembley cup finals & Villa Park semis, I think the largest away following I've been in was Leicester at Fulham mid-80's when we need to win to secure promotion to the top flight.

We won 1-0 and had an amazing drive home

I think it was a total crowd of 14-15,000 and Leicester took around 10,000. Should be something similar at the Forest FA cup game (I hope)

After not scoring in about 5-6 games Forest will be delighted that they are playing us shortly.

Other than Wembley cup finals & Villa Park semis, I think the largest away following I've been in was Leicester at Fulham mid-80's when we need to win to secure promotion to the top flight.

We won 1-0 and had an amazing drive home

I think it was a total crowd of 14-15,000 and Leicester took around 10,000. Should be something similar at the Forest FA cup game (I hope)

The actual attendance was 24,251.

Fulham provided more than half the attendance, although the away section was full and overflowing. There were also City fans in the seats andother parts but nothing like you are suggesting.

Seeing as they once had over 49,000 at a home game I fail to see why.

After not scoring in about 5-6 games Forest will be delighted that they are playing us shortly.
I will no doubt feel different on the day but at the moment I want you to completely fill the ground and stroll into a 4-0 lead in the first ten minutes totally embarrassing the incompetent twats in charge.

I will no doubt feel different on the day but at the moment I want you to completely fill the ground and stroll into a 4-0 lead in the first ten minutes totally embarrassing the incompetent twats in charge.

You know, it's not toooo far of a car ride to the Walkers from Nottingham, each weekend. And if you don't tell anybody I'm sure you'd fit in just fine....

You know CF, I think your invitation to Rich B was tongue in cheek, but I have first hand experience that a true fan can never change allegience......

I guess it was early 80's and both Forest & Leicester were in the top flight. I come from Melton which is equidistant from both cities, but being in Leicestershire, most of the Melton lads were LCFC supporters. We were losing almost every game and were bottom of the table, while Forest were winning every game and in the top three.

A mate from work was a Forest fan and knowing I went to City every Saturday, he asked if "I wanted to see some REAL football, and invited me to take the spare ticket going for a Wednesday night game, Forest v Ipswich.

Forest played some fantastic, flowing football that night (this was around 1984) and rolled over the opposition 4-0, but you know what.......... I didn't feel the remotest flutter of emotion or joy.

That night I knew deep in my soul that I was "Leicester till I die" regardless of the awful football we had to stomach & the frequest losses we had to endure. I never went to another Forest game after that, and was deeply ashamed that I had cheated & had a sneaky "one-night-stand" on my beloved LCFC.

So, Rich B and his fellow Forest unwashed, are currently going through a living nightmare that's lasting an entire season, but he/they will be back next season (even in Div 1), because that is the 'lot' of a true British football fan.

Last edited:
Wombat, no matter what shit the people in charge give us, no matter how badly the twats on the field play and no matter how much grief the stewards give, I will never ever stop supporting them.

Nigel Doughty and his cronies will be gone soon enough leaving a trail of destruction behind them but I will still be there - no matter what league we my be in.

You can change your car,
you can change your woman*,
but, you can't change your football team!

*To be PC man/woman/partner/animal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00