FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Lane

Friar Lane & Epworth (MFA) at home this afternoon to Rugby Town in the 1st qualifying round of the FA Cup. FL&E have so far won their extra-preliminary round game and preliminary round. Rugby Town currently play in the Southern Premier League, two level higher than FL&E. Probably the biggest FA Cup game for The Lane in 20 years.

:038::038:

Other Leicestershire clubs playing this afternoon in the FA Cup...

Shepshed Dynamo vs Stourport Swifts
Belper Town vs Barwell
Coalville Town vs Studley

Hinckley joins the competition in the next round

Friar Lane & Epworth (MFA) at home this afternoon to Rugby Town in the 1st qualifying round of the FA Cup. FL&E have so far won their extra-preliminary round game and preliminary round. Rugby Town currently play in the Southern Premier League, two level higher than FL&E. Probably the biggest FA Cup game for The Lane in 20 years.

:038::038:

Other Leicestershire clubs playing this afternoon in the FA Cup...

Shepshed Dynamo vs Stourport Swifts
Belper Town vs Barwell
Coalville Town vs Studley

Hinckley joins the competition in the next round

Yeah, Good luck to Alan Brett and the lads, and considering my two boys play for St Andrews, whilst I may have thought it I've had to force myself to type it! Seriously good luck Al.

Graham

Come on the Ravens, there's history to be made (again)

Anyone know the scores?

It actually seems Shepshed have managed to build a decent team this season. They have been dog awful for a while until now.

Hinckley continued their good start to the season...4-0 winners away at Vauxhall Motors.

Last edited:
Friar Lane & Epworth 0 Rugby Town 0

Not a bad result for The Lane against a team two levels higher. Although, they'll be in tough for the replay.

Get in there you Ravens, 2nd in the league and taking the FA Cup by storm.

I thought it was a nice touch for the stadium announcer to suggest that fans might like to quickly pop along to the Friar Lane game when they left the Walkers.

I thought it was a nice touch for the stadium announcer to suggest that fans might like to quickly pop along to the Friar Lane game when they left the Walkers.

Indeed. I know of 6 people who didn't know about the match and went because of the announcement.

Indeed. I know of 6 people who didn't know about the match and went because of the announcement.

Remind me where Friar Lane play.

No. Don't remind me. Tell me because I have never known in the past.

Their ground is near the train line that goes from Leicester to Birmingham! That's all I know personally.

Remind me where Friar Lane play.

No. Don't remind me. Tell me because I have never known in the past.

Knighton Lane East, just off of Welford Rd or Saffron Ln.

Nice to hear that the game was announced. FL&E could definitely use the extra support! :)

Last edited:
Friar Lane & Epworth 0 Rugby Town 0

Not a bad result for The Lane against a team two levels higher. Although, they'll be in tough for the replay.

Think I may be going to the replay on Tuesday night. Two of my mates play for Friar Lane, good result for them but it's gonna be a bit tough now.

Draw for 2nd Qualifying Round - Sep 27th
Coalville Town vs Stafford Rangers
Evesham United vs Nuneaton Town
Friar Lane & Epworth/Rugby Town vs Long Eaton United
Shepshed Dynamo vs Alfreton Town

Decent draw for FL&E, 'if' they can get past Rugby Town tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566