Family Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering getting a seasson ticket for my daughter and myself for next season in the family enclosure. She will have just turned 5 by the start of the season.

Does anyone else take young children into this part of the ground and what are your experiences? I am concerned that she is still a year or two too young.

I have had season tickets in the 'kop' for many years at Filberts and the Walkers and wouldn't dream of taking her in there.

thanks....maybe I'll start with just a couple of match tickets.

I can remember my first game at Filberts. It was the equivalent of the prem league. Leicester had won promotion the previous season (infamous 1-0 away win a Fulham helped to secure promotion (scorer might have been Ian Wilson that day??) and Leicester started the new season terribly.

My first game was the opener whcih was a heavy defeat at home.....might have been Palace. Think it was 0-4. Alan Smith, Garry Lineker and Steve Lynx days. Seem to remeber that it was 4 or 5 games before we even scroed that season.

thanks....maybe I'll start with just a couple of match tickets.

I can remember my first game at Filberts. It was the equivalent of the prem league. Leicester had won promotion the previous season (infamous 1-0 away win a Fulham helped to secure promotion (scorer might have been Ian Wilson that day??) and Leicester started the new season terribly.

My first game was the opener whcih was a heavy defeat at home.....might have been Palace. Think it was 0-4. Alan Smith, Garry Lineker and Steve Lynx days. Seem to remeber that it was 4 or 5 games before we even scroed that season.

I first started going when I was 5/6, but didn't have a season ticket, just a member. Went about half the games my first season. Was a bitch having to get the bus on my own there and back though, so your kid's lucky to have their dad taking them :icon_wink:icon_bigg

I am considering getting a seasson ticket for my daughter and myself for next season in the family enclosure. She will have just turned 5 by the start of the season.

Does anyone else take young children into this part of the ground and what are your experiences? I am concerned that she is still a year or two too young.

I have had season tickets in the 'kop' for many years at Filberts and the Walkers and wouldn't dream of taking her in there.

From what we found the family stand was just too boring for the kids we moved back to the kop 2 years ago now ,not regret it yet ,my son was 3 at the time and loves it in the kop .

we sit in the second row from the front i wouldn't take them up the back part of the kop for their safety ,we have had no problems to date with where we sit and they now enjoy the games they see ,i take 3 of my kids with to all home games and one at a time too away games .

they are now die hard city fans and can not wait to go ,where as when we sat in the family stand they got very fed up mainly due to people moaning about you sining and chanting .

It mite be different now as we moved a while ago

IMO, if your daughter has expressed an interest in going, then you'll be fine.

My youngest had a season ticket when he was 6 and loved it.

However, we were surrounded by children of a similar age who would spend most of the match playing on Game Boys, reading books, going to the toilet every five minutes who quite clearly didn't want to be there.

The kop is not intimidating in any way, really - if you go to the left hand side of the goal (as you look at the pitch) rather than the right, then it's fine.

The atmosphere is good, plus you keep away from the away fans, which might be far more intimidating.

The only thing you can say about the family stand is that it might be more reassuring to see lots of other kids there too - depends how confident your girl is amongst lots of (very) strange adults etc.

I'm going to take homer junior to his first game this year (he's four), and I will take him to the kop first to see how he gets on

From what we found the family stand was just too boring for the kids we moved back to the kop 2 years ago now ,not regret it yet ,my son was 3 at the time and loves it in the kop .

we sit in the second row from the front i wouldn't take them up the back part of the kop for their safety ,we have had no problems to date with where we sit and they now enjoy the games they see ,i take 3 of my kids with to all home games and one at a time too away games .

they are now die hard city fans and can not wait to go ,where as when we sat in the family stand they got very fed up mainly due to people moaning about you sining and chanting .

It mite be different now as we moved a while ago

yes, I hadn't considered that. I guess the biggest part of it is the 'atmosphere' whcih gets you interested from an early age.

The kop is not intimidating in any way, really - if you go to the left hand side of the goal (as you look at the pitch) rather than the right, then it's fine.

The atmosphere is good, plus you keep away from the away fans, which might be far more intimidating.

The only thing you can say about the family stand is that it might be more reassuring to see lots of other kids there too - depends how confident your girl is amongst lots of (very) strange adults etc.

I'm going to take homer junior to his first game this year (he's four), and I will take him to the kop first to see how he gets on

Good man :038::038::038:

If he loves it as much as newts junior did you'll be fine :icon_wink

However, we were surrounded by children of a similar age who would spend most of the match playing on Game Boys, reading books, going to the toilet every five minutes who quite clearly didn't want to be there.

Quite and agreed. Although your description at the end I think you are getting confused with the TBFC pre-match build-up.

Last edited:

Similar to going with Melton then..

depending on how your daughter is around a lot of strange people id be inclined to take her in the family stand at first so she can see other kids in there and not feel intimidated...ive taken my nephew to a few games and weve always gone in the family stand and he has been ok asking lots of questions etc..he is 6 now took him to his 1st game when he was 5..only thing with him though is that when ive asked him what he thought of the game he comes back with his reply of 'it was absolutely rubbish...can i come again' :102::icon_bigg oh and not to mention its free for under 8s in the family stand

Last edited:
oh and not to mention its free for under 8s in the family stand
Whilst that initiative has undoubtedly been helpful for some people, I feel that some families use it as a babysitting tool in that they no longer need to find one and bring their kids along to matches who have no inclination to be there. Very selfish IMO.

Shouldn't have Family Enclosures and no under 18's allowed at football matches...its an adult thing same as pubs.

Apparently I have received two infractions for inappropriate language from Talking Balls, according to Bocadillo, so I'm guessing I'll be banned from posting shortly. Just goes to prove what I thought all along. i was disqualified from the Prediction Cup by Boc, for not entering a prediction on games I didn't even know were being played, and now I'm not allowed to say what I think about posts being displayed that are totally against me. I really don't give a damn, as I think this forum is biased against anyone who is not in the "Inner Circle". I'm not intending to post anymore on this forum as I see there are forces against me that are going to be cursed from this post onwards ... sorry, your fault not mine. Goodbye.

Apparently I have received two infractions for inappropriate language from Talking Balls, according to Bocadillo, so I'm guessing I'll be banned from posting shortly. Just goes to prove what I thought all along. i was disqualified from the Prediction Cup by Boc, for not entering a prediction on games I didn't even know were being played, and now I'm not allowed to say what I think about posts being displayed that are totally against me. I really don't give a damn, as I think this forum is biased against anyone who is not in the "Inner Circle". I'm not intending to post anymore on this forum as I see there are forces against me that are going to be cursed from this post onwards ... sorry, your fault not mine. Goodbye.

typical aussie....... throwing a tantrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570