Family Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

If you sit in the family stand without an U18 then it's highly likely you will be asked to relocate.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/061113-family-stand-ticket-audit-1158853.aspx

I'm not sure how they'll deal with the parent(s) who choose not to bring their young children for midweek night games. I can see where the club are wanting to go but I'm not so sure they've thought this one through properly.

It's a strange one, buying tickets for the league cup games has been a problem for us. We have 3 season tickets but we only wanted adult tickets, which they refused to sell us. Each time we have had to get the ok from a supervisor, but only after arguing our corner in order to sit in our usual seats.

We've not got our Man City tickets yet, but expecting the same, or even a harded attitude now they have made this announcement.

I actually acknowledge what the club are trying to do (though they are in-directly killing off another set of supporters who choose to stand). However, to introduce it mid-season with little warning and no discussion with the season tickets holders in that area is madness.

I took my 6 year old to the Bournemouth game and for the first time we were put in P1 right next to N1 and to be honest it couldn't have been less than a "Family" experience...

Surly teenagers refusing to sit down, swearing and "acting hard" towards away fans (the mighty Bournemouth)...

Maybe I'm just getting old but I found it really embarassing...

It would make sense to reposition the Family Stand to The Kop or whatever it's called...

Last edited:
I actually acknowledge what the club are trying to do (though they are in-directly killing off another set of supporters who choose to stand). However, to introduce it mid-season with little warning and no discussion with the season tickets holders in that area is madness.

The terms and conditions for the area have been available for several seasons, just because the club chose not to enforce them and people have ignored them doesn't make then invalid.

Absolutely farcical stuff from the club.

There are so many reasons why adults may turn up at the ground without a child they usually attend with.

My Auntie and uncle take my cousin to games, my auntie takes him in and my uncle meets them in the ground due to work, will he be forced to move to another area?

Are they planning on employing an extra 100 stewards to deal with the fallout of this?

It would make sense to reposition the Family Stand to The Kop or whatever it's called...

**** right off with that outrageous suggestion! We have enough people who don't belong there without another load of misfits!

It is obvious the family stand will never be moved and I don't see any point in people regularly bringing up the idea, the club have invested the majority of their stadium development budget over the last few years in the family stand to make it a more appealing place for families.

It is obvious the family stand will never be moved and I don't see any point in people regularly bringing up the idea, the club have invested the majority of their stadium development budget over the last few years in the family stand to make it a more appealing place for families.

But the whole premise is wrong...

The most atmosphere will always be next to the away supporters so that will then by definition attract a certain element...

When I was a teenager I wanted to be in Pen 3 for that reason...

Singing "who the f*ckin hell are you" is just not acceptable for a Family Stand...

But the whole premise is wrong...

The most atmosphere will always be next to the away supporters so that will then by definition attract a certain element...

When I was a teenager I wanted to be in Pen 3 for that reason...

Singing "who the f*ckin hell are you" is just not acceptable for a Family Stand...

The family stand is next to the away fans to reduce the amount of clashes between home and away fans, why do you think that away fans at places like Newcastle and Old Trafford are placed in the highest sections away from the pitch and noisiest home fans? It's all about reducing potential clashes for the club. At Filbert Street we were always next to the away fans but we tried L1 at the KP for a few season and it wasn't anything like as good.

The songs they learn in primary school these days, I dunno, it's shocking so it is...

But that's the whole point...

That whole section is full of teenagers acting the big man not primary school kids - I don't have any issue with that particular behaviour as it's part of football to a certain extent and most of us have been there - but it's not a family atmosphere!

The family stand is next to the away fans to reduce the amount of clashes between home and away fans, why do you think that away fans at places like Newcastle and Old Trafford are placed in the highest sections away from the pitch and noisiest home fans? It's all about reducing potential clashes for the club. At Filbert Street we were always next to the away fans but we tried L1 at the KP for a few season and it wasn't anything like as good.

The issue I have is that the Family Stand is now being taken over by kids who want to stand up and have banter with the away fans - most of them would sh/t themselves if there was anything like trouble but that's not the point they still want to swear and "act hard"...

The issue I have is that the Family Stand is now being taken over by kids who want to stand up and have banter with the away fans - most of them would sh/t themselves if there was anything like trouble but that's not the point they still want to swear and "act hard"...

I think society in general is being (has been in some areas) taken over by kids like that.

The issue I have is that the Family Stand is now being taken over by kids who want to stand up and have banter with the away fans.

I thought that was what L1 was for? Why are they now going in the Family Stand too?

Last edited:
why do you think that away fans at places like Newcastle and Old Trafford are placed in the highest sections away from the pitch and noisiest home fans?

At Newcastle? With the 'singing section' allocated just across the divide from the away fans?

The logic doesn't stack up there, the away fans at Sid James Park are there because they are the shittest seats in the ground.

I thought that was what L1 was for? Why are they now going in the Family Stand too?

I'm guessing it's due to the layout of the ground, there's only so many people can squeeze into L1 before they start going into the silent section of the East Stand. If the club were intereted in allowing a family section to be just that and still allow for an atmosphere from more than 1 block of fans, they probably should have put the family section in the often half empty West Stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669