Family Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two adult season tickets and a childs season ticket for my 4 year old. He attended the first few games but hasn't wanted to come back since. He's just not old enough to be properly interested and it's hard to enjoy the game whilst having to watch him.

When my lad doesn't want to come usually my older brother comes instead and he upgrades the ticket to adult before the game.

So what are the stewards going to say about that? Will I be questioned. I'd have liked to know this before I paid for the ticket!

Last edited:
I have two adult season tickets and a childs season ticket for my 4 year old. He attended the first few games but hasn't wanted to come back since. He's just not old enough to be properly interested and it's hard to enjoy the game whilst having to watch him.

When my lad doesn't want to come usually my older brother comes instead and he upgrades the ticket to adult before the game.

So what are the stewards going to say about that? Will I be questioned. I'd have liked to know this before I paid for the ticket!

Biffa Bacon has already pointed out, this isn't something new. The rule has been there for several seasons, however they've just decided to enforce it now.Surely you've read your T&C's like every other supporter and surely you got your crystal ball out at the beginning of the season to know they'd suddenly decide to enforce the rule part way through a season?. :icon_razz

Last edited:
I'm sort of in the same situation as Kingy as we have a 6 year old who will probably come to about half the matches in the season but when he's not there we'd still like to sit in our ST seats with the people we know and have been sitting with for 11 years. I don't know if or how exactly they're planning on enforcing this with current ST holders. If we start going to the extreme if your child is sick for one match do you have to move? And ok maybe most of my feelings about this are actually just motivated by my selfish desire to sit where I've always sat, where I get a good view and where there is a relatively good atmosphere rather than being relocated to one of the other stands but I found this announcement a little irritating.

I can't quite understand why they're making a big deal of this now as it's not as if the Family Stand is full and people can't get in. There are some teenagers/adults (?) at the back of N1 who sing and stand quite a bit so is this to target them? I've never found the atmosphere to be particularly hostile in my part of the Family Stand (the only people swearing and taunting the away fans around me are the kids)... the main stuff people get is from the away fans and that is to be expected when that is where you put the Family Stand. Or are they assuming we'll get to the Prem and suddenly everyone will be wanting STs? Maybe they're just getting people ready for stricter checking before next seasons STs.

Singing "who the f*ckin hell are you" is just not acceptable for a Family Stand...

The question is whether it should be acceptable anywhere. The singing of it at the other end of the ground doesn't mean that it can't heard in the Family Stand wherever it is.

The family stand is next to the away fans to reduce the amount of clashes between home and away fans, why do you think that away fans at places like Newcastle and Old Trafford are placed in the highest sections away from the pitch and noisiest home fans? It's all about reducing potential clashes for the club.

I'm amazed at the number of people that do not understand this as fact.

I thought that was what L1 was for? Why are they now going in the Family Stand too?

Because L1 is season-ticket only and they can't afford season tickets?

There are some teenagers/adults (?) at the back of N1 who sing and stand quite a bit so is this to target them?

Yes.

The question is whether it should be acceptable anywhere. The singing of it at the other end of the ground doesn't mean that it can't heard in the Family Stand wherever it is.

It's a fair point but ultimately it's part of football culture I guess...

To be honest I can't hear anything coming from the other end of the ground!

No, but it's priced just right to keep the singers away.

Ok so that's more expensive than the family stand then. I'm just trying to get my head round it really Lako. It seems to me (and I could easily be wrong) that there are other areas of the ground where standing is "tolerated" and people are trying to gather to sing etc, and therefore it's a bit odd to try and do the same thing in the family stand. Maybe I'm being naive, but I would think that this puts these people on an obvious collision course with the club, and therefore they'd have been better off going to an area where it already exists. Surely this was always going to happen really?

The issue is that the only place where it actually happens is L1, the rest of the stadium is like a morgue.

The majority of people I have spoken to who sit in the family stand are annoyed at this decision. The children they take to the game enjoy the atmosphere that people create and they don't have an issue with the people who stand there.

Children are subject to bad language daily at school regardless of what people like to think. 90 minutes every 2 weeks at a football match should not turn them into the pits of society, it's how parents manage it imo.

This OTT cleansing of football is indicative of the cotton wool nanny attitude to everything these days.

I wish Chopper was here to offer some real advice to the club and cotton wool brigade.

The issue is that the only place where it actually happens is L1, the rest of the stadium is like a morgue.

The majority of people I have spoken to who sit in the family stand are annoyed at this decision. The children they take to the game enjoy the atmosphere that people create and they don't have an issue with the people who stand there.

Children are subject to bad language daily at school regardless of what people like to think. 90 minutes every 2 weeks at a football match should not turn them into the pits of society, it's how parents manage it imo.

This OTT cleansing of football is indicative of the cotton wool nanny attitude to everything these days.

I wish Chopper was here to offer some real advice to the club and cotton wool brigade.
I'm interested in your school comment, could you show me your workings please?

I'm interested in your school comment, could you show me your workings please?

What workings are required? I'm fairly sure everyone on here other than Boc was once a young'n

What workings are required? I'm fairly sure everyone on here other than Boc was once a young'n

Well I wondered how he was so sure that children are regularly exposed to language akin to that at the football. It certainly isn't the case at any of the schools I know.

Well I wondered how he was so sure that children are regularly exposed to language akin to that at the football. It certainly isn't the case at any of the schools I know.

Did you never hear swear words at school? I'd imagine that in most cases it's the place most kids first learn swear words, even if they don't learn what they mean.

Did you never hear swear words at school? I'd imagine that in most cases it's the place most kids first learn swear words, even if they don't learn what they mean.

At High School, certainly - but certainly not at primary school

It's a Family Stand designated for that specific purpose. Quite why people can't understand that is completely beyond me.

It's not as if the rest of the ground is completely full, so there is hardly an absence of space for people to swear, sing, and spend half of the game pointing and looking at the away fans rather than watching the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669