FAO Vista Ultimate Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

Just a quickie:

Does your 'Windows Update' ever actually update? I have mine set to download updates but ask me before installing them, mine says that there are no available updates, but the strange thing is that after nearly 10 months of using Vista I have never had an update to install.

Just wondered whether this was the norm??

Just a quickie:

Does your 'Windows Update' ever actually update? I have mine set to download updates but ask me before installing them, mine says that there are no available updates, but the strange thing is that after nearly 10 months of using Vista I have never had an update to install.

Just wondered whether this was the norm??

Is this you? :102:

Nope, I haven't installed SP1 yet. I am actually trying to install SP1, but having problems, first being that when I run the installer I get some error about the AeroWizard which gives the abort, debug, ignore etc options. If you click 'ignore', it carries on with the installation but then fails near the end with an 'internal error' and give the code 0x80070002. I have been doing some digging and some people are saying that you need to make sure your 'windows update' is up to date, I have checked mine and it says it is, but looked at the update history and it hasn't installed a single update which I thought was rather strange.

I'd doubt it, Service pack 1 for Vista is still in beta and definitely hasn't been available for 10 months.
My Vista PC gets updates regularly the only difference would be that I'm using Home Premium not Ultimate but I would've that there'd be no difference between versions as far as updates go.

I'd doubt it, Service pack 1 for Vista is still in beta and definitely hasn't been available for 10 months.
My Vista PC gets updates regularly the only difference would be that I'm using Home Premium not Ultimate but I would've that there'd be no difference between versions as far as updates go.

Service Pack 1 is now available for MSDN users, hence why I now have a copy.

Yeah I wouldnt have thought that there would be much difference between versions in terms of updates, any ideas why I haven't received a single one? And also, when I download the recommended updates needed for SP1 on the Microsoft website, it just says that the update is not for my system. Im confused.

Service Pack 1 is now available for MSDN users, hence why I now have a copy.

Yeah I wouldnt have thought that there would be much difference between versions in terms of updates, any ideas why I haven't received a single one? And also, when I download the recommended updates needed for SP1 on the Microsoft website, it just says that the update is not for my system. Im confused.

I know SP1 is available but it's only recently available doesn't explain why you haven't received any updates.

Have you tried turning it off then back on again?

I know SP1 is available but it's only recently available doesn't explain why you haven't received any updates.

Have you tried turning it off then back on again?

Yeah tried everything. I have just actually reinstalled the Windows Update Agent and went to check for updates and it seems to be doing something, before it would take a split second to check, now its been doing it for a few mins.

Lets hope that pulls up loads of updates for me to install and then hopefully I will be able to install SP1.

**** me, it has now found 51 important updates (314.9mb) as well as 39 optional updates, ooh and its found some Windows Ultimate games as well!

Me thinks I will set these going and then dash off to bed, thanks anyway guys.

Before i read your last post i thought that the updates would be stored somewhere. Think mine install automatically, crack sorts mine. Dodgey version of course ;)

Last edited:
Before i read your last post i thought that the updates would be stored somewhere. Think mine install automatically, crack sorts mine. Dodgey version of course ;)

And you admit it on a public forum :tumbleweed:

And you admit it on a public forum :tumbleweed:

Maybe fludie thinks it's hard & edgy to be running a cracked version of Windows, he's a dodgy geeeezer after all, a liitle bit woah, a little bit whey. Know what I mean? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Anyone with any intelligence would just laugh at him though because they know that most cracked versions of Windows contain undetectable rootkits & trojans.

All a bit tragic really.

Maybe fludie thinks it's hard & edgy to be running a cracked version of Windows, he's a dodgy geeeezer after all, a liitle bit woah, a little bit whey. Know what I mean? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Anyone with any intelligence would just laugh at him though because they know that most cracked versions of Windows contain undetectable rootkits & trojans.

All a bit tragic really.

Not if you know where to find perfect scene releases:icon_wink

And no i don;t mean crappy torrents etc.

Last edited:
:045::045::102:

Bet there is many on here also.

There's probably many people on here who illegally download things. Difference is, not many people are stupid enough to keep admitting it on a public forum. You're just making it easier for them to catch you.

There's probably many people on here who illegally download things. Difference is, not many people are stupid enough to keep admitting it on a public forum. You're just making it easier for them to catch you.

I have mentioned it maybe once or twice :068:

I do have a real serial key though :)

:twisted:

Last edited:
Not if you know where to find perfect scene releases:icon_wink

And no i don;t mean crappy torrents etc.

Then what are you talking about?

'Scene releases' refers to movies being shared via torrents, nothing to do with you pretending that you're using a cracked copy of Windows.

Then what are you talking about?

'Scene releases' refers to movies being shared via torrents, nothing to do with you pretending that you're using a cracked copy of Windows.

I will agree to some point with you there. Most of the versions which are on torrent sites are custom made from random people. I am talking about the ftp Scene lol. No trojans etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669