Favourite City Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Away

Since we do nothing but talk about crisps, sofas and Tommy Wright I thought I'd open up this thread about your favourite City moment. Seems to me we have a pretty wide age range on here and I'd be interested to hear what people pick.

For me it was Walshy's winner against Derby in the playoff in '94. That was the last game I attended before moving stateside. Euphoria.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for Walshy but also this ...

It's still one of the finest ever City goals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't see that video BM.

Also, enjoyed watching Savage/Taggart fight right in front of where we were sat.

And my favourite game was actually the Cardiff 2nd play-off leg. The highs and lows were like nothing I've ever experienced before.

Another vote for Walshie and that play off final. Moments like that are what football is all about!

I attended Swindon, Derby and Palace play-off finals. All could easily be mine. Derby probably slightly more than the rest. I can remember my very reaction and my view when Walshie scored.

In my grown-up life; going 3-2 up at Chelsea was pretty good in the League Cup and that Cardiff semi-final was one of the emotional 2 and half hours of my life.

Walshie against Derby in the Play Off finals gets my vote.

Surprised there isn't any votes for the Swindon play off game...

I attended Swindon, Derby and Palace play-off finals. All could easily be mine. Derby probably slightly more than the rest. I can remember my very reaction and my view when Walshie scored.

In my grown-up life; going 3-2 up at Chelsea was pretty good in the League Cup and that Cardiff semi-final was one of the emotional 2 and half hours of my life.

Agree with all that. The Cardiff game, just being there, was absolutely draining.

Last edited:
That half hour or so we pulled it back from 2-0 down on aggregate vs Cardiff. Went absolutely bananas when king scored our 3rd.

That half hour or so we pulled it back from 2-0 down on aggregate vs Cardiff. Went absolutely bananas when king scored our 3rd.

It really felt as though the final was a foregone conclusion - the atmosphere when we took the lead was absolutely electric and as if we were playing for direct promotion.

Claridge x 2 for me against Palace and 'Boro.

Hillsborough was also a good game for me the first year in the Prem under O'Neill (the massive **** & awful manager). Even though we lost 2-1, I was mascot that day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669