Favourite City Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favourites is Harry Redknapp crying about being forced to play with a bit of water on the pitch, as if it were bone dry for our players :icon_roll

Has to be King's goal against Cardiff for me. Being there in that moment, hot-dog in hand, was brilliant.

I didn't get to watch much football when I was younger so I cannot remember the cup/play-off finals very well.

Is that a euphemism Han? :icon_lol:

Oh, thought of another good one, in a perverse sort of way. The gradual realisation among many of us during the 4-3 defeat at Norwich that Sousa was finished.

The Cup run where we beat Reading and Charlton with late goals, think we also went on to beat Villa with MON in charge.

Was at every single one of the games mentioned so far and this thread has brought back some excellent memories - well done Miles Away for starting it.

In terms of one single moment, either the Claridge winner (vs Palace) or Kingy's goal at Cardiff would win I think. As has been mentioned before, the range of emotions in the Cardiff away game was insane and the release when we went ahead was just incredible.

Other goals that haven't been mentioned so far, but which I remember vividly:
1. Muzzy scoring the equaliser at Leeds (2-2) from range, in a relegation battle, when we went on to lose 3-2.
2. Cottee scoring at Old Trafford when we won there.
3. Marshall scoring at Athletico Madrid.
4. The equaliser in the 4-4 at Villa.

Good times...

Man City 0 Leicester 3, cant remember the year but will never forget the look on the faces of my man city mates faces as we walked back to the car, still have the occassional gloat.. ie "remember the first time Leicester went to Eastlands?" heh heh

Man City 0 Leicester 3, cant remember the year but will never forget the look on the faces of my man city mates faces as we walked back to the car, still have the occassional gloat.. ie "remember the first time Leicester went to Eastlands?" heh heh

It was the last time we were in the prem I think, although it may have been an FA cup tie that season. Jordan Stewart scored a great goal.

Mine is probably 2-0 at home to Liverpool in the 2000-2001 season, its an early footballing memory for me, seeing Muzzy nip in on a frosty pitch and slotting the ball past Westerveld to seal the points really stuck with me.

The Cup run where we beat Reading and Charlton with late goals, think we also went on to beat Villa with MON in charge.

Reading/Charlton led to a quarter-final loss to Blackburn.

The Villa game was League Cup and led to the Chelsea game.

So many memories from these games; at MK Dons I was held back from a steward as I was nearly on the pitch when Gradel bagged. We were total dogshit for 70 minutes of that game.

Man City that victory I went with a mate who supported Man City, his brother and his brother's mate (cost me £36 in their end!). We left for the game at about 1pm, they smoke cannabis all the way listening to house music. We were late missed Jordan Stewart's corker...I had to sprint up those big circular structures at Eastlands. Ended up winning 3-0, they had about 3 hot dogs each after the game on the munchies and we got lost near Lichfield.

League 1 was good for the soul; the Cheltenham 4-0 away, watching pds crack his head on a steel support at Hereford, the late win at Leyton Orient. That's memories off the top of my head.

The skip to the shops during half-time of the second leg between Red Star and City in Vienna. Muzzy had just bagged and we had a real chance of going through (2-2 on aggy). I was also about to acquire a bucket loads of sweets.

Got told off for over-celebrating Marshall's goal in home as the kick-off I think was 9.45 p.m. It was live on Eurosport with Gordon Banks on co-commentator duties with some chap called Angus doing the main honours.

Mine is probably 2-0 at home to Liverpool in the 2000-2001 season, its an early footballing memory for me, seeing Muzzy nip in on a frosty pitch and slotting the ball past Westerveld to seal the points really stuck with me.

Took my American girlfriend to that one and she thought we were great....then I took her to the next game. Wycombe....

Did anyone go to Fratton Park for the playoffs when ormondroyd scored a blatantly offside goal? The away support looked mental on Telly.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Took my American girlfriend to that one and she thought we were great....then I took her to the next game. Wycombe....

Did anyone go to Fratton Park for the playoffs when ormondroyd scored a blatantly offside goal? The away support looked mental on Telly.

I went to the home leg, when we had to play at Forest's ground.

Juuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn.

Last edited:

Speaking of brilliant goals..

Must be one of my favourite games this as I was right behind the goal where Muzzy scored and almost in line with him so it almost felt like it was personal for me. The singing after the final whistle at the Palace Play off Final would also be up there as well as the Claridge goal. I was right at the front by the corner flag and remember standing on my seat singing ... oh what can it mean to be aaaaa Leicester supporter and be at Wemberleeeee

Last edited by a moderator:
for me, the best moments came years ago. having won 1-0 at orient , larry mays winner , we had to wait for 20 minutes for the result at birmingham to see if we had won the 2nd division title. 10,000 city fans on the pitch at orient and the agony lasted for ever. eventually the result came in and the bluenoses drew.to say we went mental was an understatement. it was the 1st time i had witnessed that kind of sheer extacy. something ill never forget. later that year we beat liverpool 2-0 with andy peakes screamer, and in the january did something that will alwas a record breaking feat for leicester, we beat liverpool 2-1 at anfield pat byrne getting a freak winner. we were the 1st team to beat liverpool at anfield for over 4 years and the 1st team to do the double over them for about 7... those were the days

Standing at the back of the main stand at Filbert Street right in front of the Press Box as the players did a lap of honour following the 5-0 victory over Cambridge in the 1992 playoff semifinal second leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669