Favourite Leicester match..

Status
Not open for further replies.

city-faithful

...I was wondering what peoples favorite Leicester City match was? I really enjoyed the Middlesborough League Cup final, the one at Wembley, the game was excessively entertaining.

Another personal favorite was the Red Star Bulgrade match at Filbo, the noise, the feeling and the players reaction when Gerry Taggart smashed in that header was an awesome feeling. It's a shame we went on to lose, but the memory of that day will stick in the mind for a while to come!

Re: Favorite Leicester match..

Leicester 3:3 Arsenal

For sheer elation this is right up there for me. Also beating the scum in their own backyard (Cotteeeeeee).

Probably Beating Derby in the play off final for me. After two previous losing visits to Wembley in the play offs, this was a great day out.

Probably Beating Derby in the play off final for me. After two previous losing visits to Wembley in the play offs, this was a great day out.

Aye, that was a great day. I remember everyone stamping and cheering 'we are going up...'...the ground was shaking. I think I'm right in saying that when we went ahead it was the first time that we had been ahead at Wembley?

my favorite game was when someone in the color blue scored from the center spot

As Spion said Leicester 3-3 Arsenal. Massively outplayed for about 88 minutes out of the 100 or so minutes played. That game epitomised everything about that team, commitment, never accepting they were beat and a togetherness not even closely matched since MON left.

Leicester 5-1 Cambridge Great night, great atmosphere and booked a trip to Wembley for the first time in donkeys years.

Leicester 2-1- Palace Deserved victory and a last gasp goal where time seemed to slow, all achieved at Wembley. Great day.

For me there are a few.

Palace play off final, just for the last few minutes.

Middlesborough final, as I was a ball boy, very special day at the real wembley.

Beating Sunderland 5-2. Cracking game.

Licester 5 Shrewsbury 2 FA Cup forgot year it was that long ago probably before most of u were born!

Licester v Middlesborough

:)

As i'm a 18 I missed most the finals, but one game that sticks in my mind, is 4-0 against Leeds, brilliant.

As i'm a 18 I missed most the finals, but one game that sticks in my mind, is 4-0 against Leeds, brilliant.

That match was awesome wasn't it. Did you ever see the sky fan-zone commentary of it? Hilarious....'he'll be weeping into his hovis tonight'

Was just about to mention that Fulham game.
From my youth the time we beat ManU 1-0 I think Chris Garland scored and I was ejected, for swearing, from Pen 3 for the only ever time. I managed to get in front of the Main Stand to watch the end of the game after my Police Interview:icon_redf

Last edited:

Licester 5 Shrewsbury 2 FA Cup forgot year it was that long ago probably before most of u were born!

Surely that is a banning offence?!

Leicester City 5 Sunderland 2

I know it's become a bit of a cliche among City fans now, but that day it really did feel as though we were on the verge of something special. Watching that match unfold was like watching us progress to the next level - that of a club ready to challenge consistently for European qualification via league position. It's likely that the feeling was a nonsense brought on by the emotion of the day, but it felt good nonetheless. If I see a strike partnership as mouthwatering as Collymore and Heskey looked as though they could become in City colours at any point in the future then I'll be a happy man. I loved the play off and League Cup wins, but for me this match was the high watermark of our success at that time.

You may as well have the worst: Leicester City 1 Wycombe Wanderers 2

It wasn't until this game, almost a year to the day after the Sunderland win, that it properly sunk in for me that the good times were gone. I remember being enthused initially by the appointment of Peter Taylor. His signings and early performances (despite the results) dampened my enthusiasm for him, but I was willing to give the man time. There were signs well before the Wycombe match that things were going wrong. But it was sat in the Kop, a good while after kick off and feeling utterly dejected along with a few other souls, that I confidently predicted our relegation the following season.

That match qualifies above the Stoke match for me. I wasn't at the Britannia that awful day, so it's difficult to feel the same kind of attachment to the result and its consequences, even if I was gutted. And the Wycombe defeat felt like the end of an era to me. Stoke felt more like the beginning of a new one, although it's probably time that's done that.

...I was wondering what peoples favorite Leicester City match was? I really enjoyed the Middlesborough League Cup final, the one at Wembley, the game was excessively entertaining.

I don't think I've got a favourite match; there's too many to sort out in my mind and the anticipation of my next one would always give me more pleasure than any memory of one in the past.

What is certain though is that your favourite would never be mine if I did ever have one - and the reason is simple. The previous day I had been to see Blackpool at Wycombe - another step on my journey towards he elusive 92. In the pre-match warm-up, I don't remember what I was doing at the time but I do remember being struck on the head by the ball - HARD! After regaining my senses I refused any further attention and assured everybody that I was OK. And I did feel OK at the time.

I was up there in my camper-van and by the time I settled down for the night, I was anything but OK. I felt very drunk even though I had not touched a drop - but with a very expensive Cup Final ticket in my pocket. a trip to the hospital was the last thing on my mind. I don't suppose I should have driven into London in the state I was in; I never remembered having done so but I must have done because late the following morning I found myself puking up in the gutter on the Finchley Road. The thought did occur to me then that a hospital visit might be needed... - ...but then Finchley Road is only a single stop from Wembley Park on the Metropolitan line.

The first half went by in a spin - and so did my head. I stayed firmly in my seat at half-time. It was clear to me by then that any standing-up movement would be closely followed by a falling-down. About 10 minutes into the second half I realised that I was going to be sick - and I knew that nobody around me would be happy if I did it in situ. I still think I did very well to get along the row and to climb the few stairs up to the exit. I remember a couple of coppers looking at me with a very worried expression. I remember saying, "I need hel..." and one of the coppers shouting, "Catch him!" to his mate = but then the lights went out.

Waking up in what seemed like a small casualty unit, I was surprised to be able to hear crowd noises. I presumed that one of the doctors had got a radio on - but there was no commentary - I was in fact in the Stadium 'hospital' at the side of the player's tunnel. Somebody told me that we were winning and that I was OK; somebody else told me that we were losing and that I was going to have to go to a proper hospital. I just kept vomiting. Time seemed to be dragging; I couldn't work out why the match hadn't finished. It would be almost 24 hours before I found out the final score and realised that the game had gone into extra-time.

I was one of the last people out of the stadium that day - in the back of an ambulance on the way to the Central Middlesex hospital. I did little there other than sleep and I was finally discharged late the following afternoon, returning to Kent by train and going back up to London to collect the van a few days later.

So definitely not my favourite game... I did enjoy the replay though; I think it was the last time I was ever threatened with ejection from a football ground but that's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669