favourite player

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfox

as a young boy my favourite player was gary lineker,then alan smith,mcallister was next.

then in the 90's gary mills,joachim,steve walsh,mark draper,emile heskey,then finally coming to the last named muzzy izzet.

since muzzy's gone i have not had a favourite player which comes down to the lack of quality we have had in the last 5 years.

also, i am struggling to find 1 player in recent years who has played with his heart on his sleeve.

this club has never really had big money to spend, but we always had a player we could relate to,how times have changed!

Trevor "Tricky Trev" Benjamin!

Last edited:
apart from the obvious ones a few i can think of :- kevin rooster russel,oooh tommy wright,mike newell,david kelly and tony james.

Pontus, just because his name was so good.....made me laugh, big racist

No competition,for people of a certain age has to be Keith Weller.Elder people may have different ideas but ive been going to the city since 1969 and without rose tinted glasses hes by far and away the best player weve had here in my humble opinion.

Hard to say an ultimate favourite, but a few would be.........

Mark Wallington, who was an ever present when i first followed city.
Gary Lineker, because i loved going to away games where you knew that the home supporters feared him.
Stevie Walsh for giving 100% & wearing the shirt with pride.
Stevie Claridge for giving us 2 fantastic moments that will live long in the memory.

Many others of course.

David Nish was my first hero
Walshie and Elliott from the good times
Non since(at first for fear of being sold but realistically its lack of quality

Yes Weller has to be the greatest. Loved Graham Cross and Gordon Banks too, they always had time for snotty little kids who wanted autographs. Later got to be Walsh and Elliott, although idolised all the O'Neil boys

Loved Graham Cross and Gordon Banks too, they always had time for snotty little kids who wanted autographs.

:icon_conf

Gordon Banks once clipped me round the ear when I asked him for an autograph. I can't remember the state of my nasal secretions at the time, but I was certainly what would be described as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669