FFS, what next

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it remarkable that no-one has thought about the pigs or the wolf in all of this? These poor souls are being marginalised and I think they should be allowed to build and knock down poor quality housing should that be their requirement.

exactly, its like banning black people from tele just incase ron atkinson may be watching

i'll be quite sure that this has only made the headlines so that they can sell a few more papers on everyones favourite immigration issue. personally if its them or the pigs, the muslims pay more taxes (as far as i am aware) so i say send the pigs back to their country

I am surprised there has not been rioting in Wolverhampton over the stereotypically negative image of the wolf

My Auntie's friend had some porcelain pigs on her window sill which a muslim complained about. The muslim complained to the council, she refused to take them down and she ended up in court. These are the people I can't stand. The muslim's who aren't offended by other people's religions are fine, however the few that are offended really piss me off. When I lived in the Middle East, we or none of co-expat friends were offended by anything that went on there because we appreciated that it is a muslim country.

Are you sure that it wasn't a friend of your Auntie's friend's friend?

There is no offence of having pigs (offensive or otherwise) on your window-sill. What was she charged with?

Have you made this up? Or perhaps your Auntie made it up - or perhaps her friend's friend made it up - etc.

I spoke to a chap at work about all this, He's a muslim. He said the story is not for his culture but takes no offence to it at all. Although he did say some muslims would due to there interpretation of the religion and also to further there own extreme interests. He said he couldn't believe some of the things he's heard in mosques and as been approached himself about joining these groups. However he also said that all religions have there own extremists and that it comes down to people with agendas being able to bark the loudest, therefore attracting the weaker minded people to there side as they believe there right because they can shout it louder.

I spoke to a chap at work about all this, He's a muslim. He said the story is not for his culture but takes no offence to it at all. Although he did say some muslims would due to there interpretation of the religion and also to further there own extreme interests. He said he couldn't believe some of the things he's heard in mosques and as been approached himself about joining these groups. However he also said that all religions have there own extremists and that it comes down to people with agendas being able to bark the loudest, therefore attracting the weaker minded people to there side as they believe there right because they can shout it louder.

some muslims would object purely to be ****s, and also some REAL British types would take exception for the same

others may take offence just because they are actually offended

Are you sure that it wasn't a friend of your Auntie's friend's friend?

There is no offence of having pigs (offensive or otherwise) on your window-sill. What was she charged with?

Have you made this up? Or perhaps your Auntie made it up - or perhaps her friend's friend made it up - etc.

It was in the papers...

Porcelain pigs offend Muslims

LEICESTER -- Police here in central England seized a collection of porcelain pigs from a house's window sill after Muslims complained that they were offensive.

"I just couldn't believe it, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry," Mrs Nancy Bennett, the owner of the 17 miniature pigs, told the Sun tabloid newspaper.

The porcelain figures were held at the local police station, while Mrs Bennett was threatened with prosecution if she replaces the collection. Her house is located in the same street as the city's main mosque, meaning that Muslim worshippers often passed by her front window where the pig figurines were on display.

"Muslims find pigs highly offensive," explained police officer David Griffiths. "That is why the complaints were made". -- Sapa-AFP

Maybe the pigs were put there deliberately to offend muslims on the way to the mosque.

anyone that has awful porcelain pigs needs to be arrested in my fascist opinion

anyone that has awful porcelain pigs needs to be arrested in my fascist opinion

They were coolectable money boxes that are worth a bob lor two.

It was in the papers...

Maybe the pigs were put there deliberately to offend muslims on the way to the mosque.

So she didn't finish up in court then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Chelsea510
3Arsenal410
4Newcastle410
5Liverpool49
6Aston Villa49
7Brighton48
8Nottm F48