FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
time will tell but I’m not sure I agree with that. Many of the fans posting negatively on this forum are also the ones who have answered the poll with “won’t watch it”
I meant fans in general not just Leicester fans on Talkingballs, personally I'm not going to watch any games, I'm going to spend the empty weekends doing stuff with my family.
It couldn't of come at a worse time for us we look very good at the moment and it would of been nice to keep the momentum going

Certainly can’t blame people for needing some escapism at the minute. I totally get why some might think ‘**** off and let me enjoy the football’.

I fully expect negative feelings towards the tournament to be turned into an anti woke campaign if England do well.

To be completely honest, a couple of years ago I’d have put my misgivings to one side and watched it anyway. I don’t have the appetite for football anymore though so it doesn’t override my disgust at it being hosted by Qatar.

Shame non of the England players have got the moral fortitude to do what is right.

Blood sport

You will be expected to stand up, sing the song/chant, wave your flags,” Qatar’s guidance states, adding in red letters: “Be ready in your shirt, flags and scarves to cheer and shout.”
“And really, you do wonder how this will play out in practice. Will Qatar’s image massagers suggest an updated version of the usual playlist? No Surrender To The Global Zionist Hegemony, perhaps. A pre-match chorus of Ten British-Made RAF Joint-Squadron Typhoon Bombers. Please Don’t Take Me Home, Because You’ve Confiscated My Passport. Plus of course the classic Southgate You’re The One, You Still Turn Me On (But Not, Repeat Not, In A Gay Way).”

:icon lol:

$203 a night for a bed in a shipping container, I'll have to ask my niece if it's worth it, she spent 3 years living in one in South Sudan...mind you she was paid to stay in it.
Can’t imagine they’re air conditioned or owt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566