Financial Fair Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

The old thread is closed so I've had to start a new one.*

Despite every else revealing their accounts months ago, we seem to do it very late each year. If we follow the same timetable as last season, the accounts will finally be revealed next week. Here is the outline from last season with predictions for the most recent set of accounts.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-confident-meeting-FFP-despite/story-20749866-detail/story.html

Any thoughts about the losses we're likely to post? When the figures are finally revealed, there could be consequences that define our short term future.

Year to May 2012 - lost £29.7m
Year to May 2013 - lost £34.0m
Year to May 2014 - ???????????

* Jeff, why do older threads get closed down so quickly? It would make sense to be able to restart conversations rather than have to start afresh whenever there is a break.

It doesn't matter, it's in the past.......

Um banana squashed banana

I'm going to guess £40.2bn. We'll get a fine once relegated and refuse to pay, **** all will happen after that.

I fail to see how fining teams that are losing money is helping matters. Surely giving us more money would work far better.

The possibility of a large fine seems an entirely reasonable disincentive for intentionally breaking the rules.

Doesn't appear to be working yet. There are other ways to punish that would likely be more effective. Transfer embargoes for one. Or even better, force clubs into transfer listing their entire squad.

Last edited:
Doesn't appear to be working yet. There are other ways to punish that would likely be more effective. Transfer embargoes for one.
Yeah some of them seem not to give a shit, which is apparently okay as long as they're happy to be fined at the end of it. Transfer embargoes would probably be a more effective deterrent, I agree.

Doesn't appear to be working yet. There are other ways to punish that would likely be more effective. Transfer embargoes for one. Or even better, force clubs into transfer listing their entire squad.

Transfer listing wouldn't work. They'd sign players on ridiculous salaries, more so even than now, and no other team would be able to afford to buy them. You can't force a player to move to punish a team.

Agree that transfer embargoes would work, but they seem to just retract them under appeal.

Last edited:
I'm not a supporter of FFP but a salary cap wouldn't work. Nor would/do any financial penalties.

Football penalties work. Why not take a point off for every million over whatever is deemed acceptable. So, for example, if the accepted loss is £5m and a club loses £15m, then they start their next season -10 points, irrespective of which league it is.

I'm not a supporter of FFP but a salary cap wouldn't work. Nor would/do any financial penalties.

Football penalties work. Why not take a point off for every million over whatever is deemed acceptable. So, for example, if the accepted loss is £5m and a club loses £15m, then they start their next season -10 points, irrespective of which league it is.
Interesting idea, but the Football League can't impose penalties on Premier League clubs and vice versa.

* Jeff, why do older threads get closed down so quickly? It would make sense to be able to restart conversations rather than have to start afresh whenever there is a break.

They don't get closed quickly. They get closed 60 days after the last post. I did that because people were resurrecting old long dead threads when they should have started new ones instead.

How?

Can't happen if you've been promoted and stay up. Can't do it the same season because the figures aren't available.

Could they have figures submitted for the current season by March, say? I know it's a year behind at the minute but couldn't they do it otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566