Confirmed Transfer Fofana to Chelsea

I chose not to respond to what was being said about me until I managed to squirm out of the club, then I started bitching about the club without explaining what was incorrect about anything they said.

Buzz off Wes.

I feel less upset about this one than I did with Maguire. Fofana is on the up and up and I’m sure the injury will have scared him into grabbing this chance. As well as the fact he did the same to St Etienne to get to Leicester.

It’s a shame I can’t support him in a foreign league and hope he stinks out the next 7 years at Chelsea like Maguire seems to be doing.

I honestly think he could be the best CB in the world and it was always, sadly, unlikely that he was going to stay at Leicester for long.

Please get the transfers in right now!

I think this hurts in different ways.

With Maguire, I thought he was here for the long term and him going to Man Utd at that point in time felt like betraying our ambition because it was at a point we were matching them on the pitch and in the league. But I think we all agreed he was not worth £80m and we were getting a very good deal, and thats proven the case.

I think with Wes, it hurts because he has the potential to be the best defender of his generation. He's already a huge talent with so much potential. We all knew we could only keep him for so long, but it's come around sooner than we expected - and after missing him for so long through his injury, and him recently signing a new deal then it feels like we've been robbed of seeing him in a Leicester shirt for longer.

But both left in a bad way, so **** them. I hope Fofana's move ends up as well as Maguire's - but in reality we all know he's much better than that.

The man on the inside at Chelsea reporting that the deal is not worth a minimum of £70m with up to £10m in add ons as reported by the Leicester side. He says the total is £69.5m with no add ons.

I suspect he's going to get a lively reception from our fans in the future. Surely he's not naive enough to think the fans are going to buy that, even if the club aren't squeaky clean in all of this?

Both sides have come out looking like complete and utter ****s.

What a disastrous transfer window this is.

I can’t speak for the transfers of the 80s and 90s, but I feel that we burn bridges with players these days due to overreaction and hurt feelings.

At the end of the day he’s a footballer who made a good career decision.

Yes Fofana acted a dick at times, but he will get abuse and be the pantomime villain, and no doubt that will be his feeling every time he plays Leicester.

How much I would love Mahrez to return for 2-3 years at the end of his career, but why would he when he gets the abuse he gets.

Spouting personal abuse at Fofana is useless.

I can’t speak for the transfers of the 80s and 90s, but I feel that we burn bridges with players these days due to overreaction and hurt feelings.

At the end of the day he’s a footballer who made a good career decision.

Yes Fofana acted a dick at times, but he will get abuse and be the pantomime villain, and no doubt that will be his feeling every time he plays Leicester.

How much I would love Mahrez to return for 2-3 years at the end of his career, but why would he when he gets the abuse he gets.
Why should we allow people to do whatever they want and still give them our respect? If we were man city and can bring in another mercenary through the door as soon as one leaves we would care a lot less, but seeing players have a tantrum and then talk shit about us (for years after in Mahrez's case) is more annoying for a club like ours. Acting like a bunch of doormats is not the path to success.

Why should we allow people to do whatever they want and still give them our respect? If we were man city and can bring in another mercenary through the door as soon as one leaves we would care a lot less, but seeing players have a tantrum and then talk shit about us (for years after in Mahrez's case) is more annoying for a club like ours. Acting like a bunch of doormats is not the path to success.

And verbal abuse and closing ties has traditionally been very successful?

Mahrez has one interview where he stated he ‘wasted two years’ at Leicester. Don’t blow it out of proportion.

And verbal abuse and closing ties has traditionally been very successful?

Mahrez has one interview where he stated he ‘wasted two years’ at Leicester. Don’t blow it out of proportion.
I don't really give a shit what players think after they've left these days.

Can't warm to or relate to any over the over paid wankers so a bit of stick like Chilwell got on Satdee is fine by me.

"even if he chose to expose me a lot lately"
Any idea what he means?
He obviously didn't like that it came out that he missed training, and was not mentally able to play, so he trained with the U23s.

Rodgers was (perhaps in not-so-subtle code) saying that Fofana was being unprofessional.

Completely classless individual, paying some lip service to the fans doesn’t butter any parsnips for me quite frankly.

Quite happy to sign a new contract shortly after his injury and then immediately **** us off, thus ****ing an already unstable team and forcing us to find a replacement at the last minute.

Chelsea is a ‘dream move’ is it? Do me a ****ing favour.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854