Forest 5-1 City

Status
Not open for further replies.
haynes-owners-workshop-manual1.gif

Not that Haynes, you silly boy. It's this one:

ahaynes.jpg

And Bill Maynard is a Leicester fan, so we'll be OK there!

Last edited:
Been away so apologies if I am posting something already in the previous 183 posts!

In my view, yesterday highlighted the major problem we have had this season - not enough goals being scored. I do not know if it is crap strikers or crap midfield service or both. Waghorn appears to be the only one looking to run into spaces. Howard and Fryatt are most often found stood next to defenders.

We have scraped the results, draws or wins, often with a late solitary goal. Just look at our goal difference compared to those around us.

Our saviour up until yesterday has been a solid defence. It did not matter so much if they were not banging them in up front because we were not letting them in at the back!

Yesterday, possibly for the first time this season, the defence went walkabout, along with the midfield and attack. Result was a disaster.

This should be a big wake-up call to sort out some sharpness up front. It would be heaven to have a player like Leroy Lita, who last night in the footy show, looked so dangerous. We never look dangerous going forward!

oooooh thats a lovely pic in your avatar:) Annoyed he got subbed yesterday.:mad:
He's a decent replacement for Oakley in the photo stakes.

Actually... considering we all think Oakley is past it, I'm quite willing to take him away from the club and keep him busy doing something else if it means our midfield improves....

Been away so apologies if I am posting something already in the previous 183 posts!

In my view, yesterday highlighted the major problem we have had this season - not enough goals being scored. I do not know if it is crap strikers or crap midfield service or both. Waghorn appears to be the only one looking to run into spaces. Howard and Fryatt are most often found stood next to defenders.

We have scraped the results, draws or wins, often with a late solitary goal. Just look at our goal difference compared to those around us.

Our saviour up until yesterday has been a solid defence. It did not matter so much if they were not banging them in up front because we were not letting them in at the back!

Yesterday, possibly for the first time this season, the defence went walkabout, along with the midfield and attack. Result was a disaster.

This should be a big wake-up call to sort out some sharpness up front. It would be heaven to have a player like Leroy Lita, who last night in the footy show, looked so dangerous. We never look dangerous going forward!

We only need to scrape the wins though. No matter how many you score, you can't get any more than 3 points.

You don't get to 4th in the table at near enough the half way stage by luck alone. We have weaknesses, sure, but no major problems imo.

I just can't understand people going so negative after 1 result, this is by no means a wake-up call, we are well aware of our limitations, but having just come up a division they are understandable and we are playing to our strengths which is what we should be doing. This was a freak result and I'm certain we will beat Bristol City on Tuesday night and get back on track.

Last edited:
Aside from the resut we are lucky in that we are only 1 point worse off.
So not much damage done.
I dont think Neilson is quite up to it. Brown is just holding down a place until Tunch comes back.
NP needs to now make some changes as we have become to predicable.
I think its time to give Gallagher a run up front with waggy. He has a very good touch and he is quicker than Fryatt.
He has played at the top level and it is amazing what a goal will do for him. We also need more guile in the midfield. I thought Wellens would be it but it has not worked just yet.
Which proves we never should have let Mark Davies get away as he proved to be that midfielder we need.
Having said all that I have every confidence in NP to get it right once Mandy gives him some money in January.

I think Richie Wellens has been a superb signing, but a better player next to him in this league right now (King is for the future IMO) would give us a better chance of getting to the play offs.

Which proves we never should have let Mark Davies get away as he proved to be that midfielder we need.

We had no choice in the matter, he wanted to go and refused to turn up to a Leicester match because of it.

Aside from the resut we are lucky in that we are only 1 point worse off.
So not much damage done.
I dont think Neilson is quite up to it. Brown is just holding down a place until Tunch comes back.
NP needs to now make some changes as we have become to predicable.
I think its time to give Gallagher a run up front with waggy. He has a very good touch and he is quicker than Fryatt.
He has played at the top level and it is amazing what a goal will do for him. We also need more guile in the midfield. I thought Wellens would be it but it has not worked just yet.
Having said all that I have every confidence in NP to get it right once Mandy gives him some money in January.

IF? I can't imagine us spending very much if any

I think Richie Wellens has been a superb signing, but a better player next to him in this league right now (King is for the future IMO) would give us a better chance of getting to the play offs.

I think Oakley of the good old days would have been the player to play alongside Wellens, if Oakley is still playing football at this level next season I'd be a little shocked.

humiliating, utterly humiliating. expecting a massive response from the players on tuesday, i hope this hurts them as much as it hurts us and they are determined to bounce back.

One of the idiots on Rl calling for Pearson's head - stupid, over the top reaction. It is a terrible result but we're still in the play off places and for a team that has only just got back in to this league, it has been a pretty good season in my view.

It does not need a bad result. A gentleman near me was shouting at Neil Warnock "I wish you were our manager" during the Palace game.
Before their teams had played a match people wanted Megson out because he was too miserable and Holloway because he was too cheerful.
I am writing without having seen the game. One bad result like this is the fault of the players. If it carries on it becomes the fault of the manager as well.
The last time we had a successful Championship season was in Adams first year and the team of Muzzy, Dickov, Deane and other quality players got hammered by Ipswich - I thinik it was 6-0. The team got back on track very quickly.

It does not need a bad result. A gentleman near me was shouting at Neil Warnock "I wish you were our manager" during the Palace game.
Before their teams had played a match people wanted Megson out because he was too miserable and Holloway because he was too cheerful.
I am writing without having seen the game. One bad result like this is the fault of the players. If it carries on it becomes the fault of the manager as well.
The last time we had a successful Championship season was in Adams first year and the team of Muzzy, Dickov, Deane and other quality players got hammered by Ipswich - I thinik it was 6-0. The team got back on track very quickly.

Exactly. Not forgetting the 5-1 defeat to Cambridge who we later came back and beat 5-1 in the play-off semi-final under Brian Little. We also lost 7-1 to Newcastle under Little when we made the play-offs one year.

If we start to lose 3 or 4 in a row, then I will start to get worried, but at this point, it just stands as a freak result in an otherwise fantastic season to me.

Last edited:
Lots of balls in the air - Brown looks good.

Lots of fast play on the ground - Brown looks bad.

There's the other side to his play - he likes to bring it down and move it around the defence before either he or someone else shifts it forward. When everything clicks, this looks great. When it falls apart, it looks dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669