Formula 1

Feriol

I am absolutely amazed he walked away from that.
People are saying it shows how safe Formula 1 is, but I'm pretty sure a Formula 1 car isn't supposed to break in half, get wedged into an Armco barrier and burst into flames!

FOX Franks

I am absolutely amazed he walked away from that.
People are saying it shows how safe Formula 1 is, but I'm pretty sure a Formula 1 car isn't supposed to break in half, get wedged into an Armco barrier and burst into flames!
It's definitely safer than it was 30 years ago!

M17TT C

So Hamilton missing this weekends race due Covid means that Merc will be having George Russell in his place instead.

F1 race without Hamilton will be weird but really looking forward to seeing Russell in the Merc as it will give a clear indication of how much is down to man or machine seeing as he will be going from the slowest car on the grid to the quickest!

I bet Bottas is bricking it for the weekend - if Russell out quali/races him then serious questions need to be asked about his place at Merc.

Jack Aitkin to sit in for Russell at Williams so still the usual number of Brits on the grid.

pork pie fox

Interesting. I saw he was a possible replacement, but hadn’t seen it confirmed.

FOX Franks

So Hamilton missing this weekends race due Covid means that Merc will be having George Russell in his place instead.

F1 race without Hamilton will be weird but really looking forward to seeing Russell in the Merc as it will give a clear indication of how much is down to man or machine seeing as he will be going from the slowest car on the grid to the quickest!

I bet Bottas is bricking it for the weekend - if Russell out quali/races him then serious questions need to be asked about his place at Merc.

Jack Aitkin to sit in for Russell at Williams so still the usual number of Brits on the grid.
Agreed - this is going to be a really interesting weekend.

M17TT C

Skip to 7:12 for a pretty emotional interview with Grosjean - almost brought a tear to my eye but so pleasing to be able to laugh with him at the end!

FOX Franks

Skip to 7:12 for a pretty emotional interview with Grosjean - almost brought a tear to my eye but so pleasing to be able to laugh with him at the end!
Interview is nothing short of incredible. The detail he recalls is amazing - I really liked when he was explaining working out what was happening. “Is it a sunset? No...”

pork pie fox

Cheers M17TT, I hadn’t seen that interview. Pretty powerful stuff!

Premier League

P Pld Pts
1Manchester Utd1940
2Manchester City1838
3Leicester1938
4Liverpool1834
5Tottenham 1833
6Everton1732
7West Ham Utd1932
8Chelsea1929
9Southampton1829
10Arsenal1927