Formula 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even the rules
That's what I mean. Either all lapped cars should have overtaken or none of them. The stewards simply erased the 10-second advantage that Hamilton had before the safety car came out.

That's what I mean. Either all lapped cars should have overtaken or none of them. The stewards simply erased the 10-second advantage that Hamilton had before the safety car came out.
And strictly applying that rule the race would’ve finished under the safety car.

It looks as though the fat lady may still be preparing to sing. BBC reporting that Mercedes have taken a barrister into their meeting with the stewards and the FIA are under pressure. It's hard to see that a partial application of the rules can be said to be warranted.

I can't see any other outcome than the result being overturned, rules are pretty clear and were not applied.

Strange that Mercedes had a barrister with them. It seems they expected the FIA might try to manufacture something.

If this result stands it turns F1 into WWE rather than real sport!

Being reported that a decision will be announced at about 6:30

From BBC:

One Mercedes protest rejected - the one about overtaking before the restart.

"Although (VER) did, for a very short period of time, move slightly in front of (HAM), when both were accelerating and braking, moved back behind and not in front when safety car period ended"

Not so fussed about that one. I think they were trying their luck. The safety car decision was just utterly wrong though. They ****ed it and they know they did. If it’s not overturned I’d be off to court.

Not so fussed about that one. I think they were trying their luck. The safety car decision was just utterly wrong though. They ****ed it and they know they did. If it’s not overturned I’d be off to court.
Agree. The Problem is if Masi admits he got it wrong, then that's his job gone.

They won’t overturn it.
Agreed. The sport will benefit from it even if it isn’t exactly as is stated in black and white. More fans, hopefully a bit less Mercedes dominance.

I’m not saying it’s right - there’s a bad taste in my mouth about it - but if you’d asked at lap one what the best outcome for the sport would be….

I didn't watch it but from what I've read it was a complete farce designed to please the television audience so that Verstappen would be right behind Hamilton on the last lap. That isn't right, even some of the other teams are questioning it. Car racing to me is full of people who whine all the time but in this instance I think those in the Mercedes camp have a genuine grievance.

I didn't watch it but from what I've read it was a complete farce designed to please the television audience so that Verstappen would be right behind Hamilton on the last lap. That isn't right, even some of the other teams are questioning it. Car racing to me is full of people who whine all the time but in this instance I think those in the Mercedes camp have a genuine grievance.
Pretty much exactly what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469