Forum agression, breaking the forum rules and lack of moderator activity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with the Mods. In the two cases I know about, Innocent and Macky, I thought the Mods were quite right.

It seems to me that to be offended by bad language is what people who use it want. I have no proble with people who use it as an almost involuntary exclamation under stress. To use it in writing seems to be a rather pathetic desire to shock - "Mummy Mummy look at me." To call Dennis Wise a c____ is meaningless; why is he a c____, why don't you like him. To call Dennis Wise a thug makes sense.

However, I know a number of people who do find obscene language offensive and since in my experience they tend to be thoughtful it would be a pity if they were put off.

To be angry on an internet forum with people whose name you do not know and who do not know your name seems rather pathetic. Football does grab your emotions and I have been angry about the pushing out of Nigel Pearson and about Paulo Sousa's comments after matches but it would seem strange for me to blame people on the forum for this.

In Mackys case his comments were so over the top and so disproportionate to the topic that I cannot believe his anger was really about anyone on the forum at all.

Luckily the censorship in this forum has been mild and liberal. Yesterday a young lady told me that I should not use the abbreviation WTF because I was not cool enough.:icon_bigg

In recent weeks this forum has not been very welcoming to new posters. (and established posters as well!)
So what if a poster uses the wrong there/their/they're, hear/here etc.
So what if a poster misspell's a player's name wrong, it's not like we don't know who they are on about.

What at, one time, was mildly amusing, has quite frankly become ridiculous and pathetic.

I hope all of the mods have taken this thread on board....

I have. ;) I will be regularly infracting people and banning where necessary. :icon_bigg

I have. ;) I will be regularly infracting people and banning where necessary. :icon_bigg

And then the moaning will really start.

And then the moaning will really start.

Quite. I am sure however that people will understand that bannings and infractions are only for the good of the forum. :icon_wink

ONLY if the infraction is unjust, unfair and totally without foundation. Eh Steven :icon_wink

I do not recognise the concept of an unjust, unfair and totally without foundation infraction. :102:

Maybe if we all make use of the 'report post' function then things may calm down a bit.

In recent weeks this forum has not been very welcoming to new posters. (and established posters as well!)
So what if a poster uses the wrong there/their/they're, hear/here etc.
So what if a poster misspell's a player's name wrong, it's not like we don't know who they are on about.

What at, one time, was mildly amusing, has quite frankly become ridiculous and pathetic.
Being a pedant is hilarious, apparently.

Being a pedant is hilarious, apparently.
Come on, it's hilarious to see post after post of people pretending not to to understand a whole sentence because the poster missed an apostrophe or spelt a name wrong. It's really really funny.

If people report it we can deal with it, if you don't report it, don't assume we know about it and are just ignoring it.
I'd like to report one of the mods for labelling another forum member as a deluded troll.

It can only be a personal attack and definitely not a comment on the endless reams of mindless shit the feckwit posts.

I can't be sure who it is but Bob seems to think he's super.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00