Forum software update

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I had this discussion with mg yesterday.

None of the things you highlight are necessary, Talking Balls isn't necessary, the Internet isn't necessary and electricity isn't necessary.

If we were to only include the necesseties on our life, we'd just have shelter, food and drink.

Necessary is dull, what's wrong with wants and desires?

If I were to accept what you say, what of the new features do you actually want and/or desire?

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
If I were to accept what you say, what of the new features do you actually want and/or desire?
There's none that I actually "want". But if they're there, and I have the time, and I can keep myself entertained with some of them, then I'll use them.

If they were taken away from me, I wouldn't be too distraught.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Everyone's got a box under their details some green, some grey etc. If you hover over it with your mouse you'll see.

I think we are aware of that. The question is what is the point of it? And what is it based on?

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Whynot get a shoutbox on the forum so people can chat?

Code:
Download

http://www.designanet.co.uk/shoutbox/index.php#download

(download link halfway down the page)

1. Install the shoutbox, it's very easy.
2. Then create the template called "adv_portal_shout"
3. Contents of the template:
<tr>
<td class="$bgclass">
<IFRAME SRC="http://localhost/shout/inc_form.php" WIDTH=175 HEIGHT=500 frameborder="0" scrolling="yes">
</td>
</tr>
4. Change the path (in blue) to where you have it installed.
5. Then make new module using the new template.
You can put it anywhere, but the side panel is favourite.

I am sure you already know how to do it though Jeff :icon_bigg

I think we have already established that the side panel is nobody's favourite.

Yorkshire Vixen

We don't, and it's one of the shiter aspects of the upgrade. People will get bored of it very quickly.

i wouldnt people would get bored as its not 'in your face' but how come some are grey, green and red?? and how do you change them??

why oh why oh why oh why :102::icon_bigg

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
i wouldnt people would get bored as its not 'in your face' but how come some are grey, green and red?? and how do you change them??

why oh why oh why oh why :102::icon_bigg
Click on the scales next to the post (below the avatar) and leave your feedback. This affects the ratings.

I have had three votes so far, one of them telling me I'm a cnut :icon_bigg

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Why am I invisible?

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Who said that?

I'm referring to the icon in the bottom left corner of the message. Grey is for off-line/Green is for on-line. Mine has turned red and when I click on it, it says I am invisible.

highland fox

Its all a bit impersonal,cheesey and matey but thats just the opinion of a Misery.Quite why there is a need to show who has been looking at your profile is beyond me.The 'Friends' thing at least shows the identity of the True Inner Circle..:)

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
goto you user cp bit and in their edit options on the left unclick invisible mode ,job done

I'd be more interested to know how I became invisible. That icon has always been green in the past.

muzzysgal

I really detest the thread prefixes.

I've just glanced down the Leicester City forum and it looks really tacky.

If we HAVE to have them, can't they all be the same colour?

Yorkshire Vixen

i like them tbh if youre having a quick look you can see clearly what the thread is related to :102:

highland fox

All in all,its just a Forum and Webbon can do what he likes with it.Its hardly worth getting your scants in a twist about:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669