Forum Upgrade Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff

The vbookie section of the right hand sidebar is currently saying "Access denied."

Hi Jeff,
just an observation, when I visit a thread by clicking on the link to go to the latest unread post, it goes to the first post on the last page where it sits for an age (10-15 seconds or so) before going to the next unread post. It looks like it's the download of the buttons for Facebook, +1 and such like that's causing the delay. Before teh upgrade it just used to go straight to the new post.

This happens whether I'm at home on my normal broadband or at work where we have a 100meg Internet link.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I haven't read through the whole thread (yet).

Hi Jeff,
just an observation, when I visit a thread by clicking on the link to go to the latest unread post, it goes to the first post on the last page where it sits for an age (10-15 seconds or so) before going to the next unread post. It looks like it's the download of the buttons for Facebook, +1 and such like that's causing the delay. Before teh upgrade it just used to go straight to the new post.

There is definitely a new pause on the first post, but I'm not experiencing anything like 10-15 seconds. Probably not even a second but it's definitely discernible.

Are you using the same laptop in both locations, Steve? If so, and even if not so, it could be your machine(s) that's taking it's time to resolve the buttons.

There is definitely a new pause on the first post, but I'm not experiencing anything like 10-15 seconds. Probably not even a second but it's definitely discernible.

Are you using the same laptop in both locations, Steve? If so, and even if not so, it could be your machine(s) that's taking it's time to resolve the buttons.

Nope, different machines, work is Win XP and IE8, home is Win 7 and IE9

The page has to wait for everything to load before it flicks to the target, which you have already identified. I get this on larger threads with lots of images, the TBers Photos for instance, but not on others. Have you tried limiting the number of posts on the page to see if this helps?

I knocked it down to 50 a page from 100. It does seem to be fractionally quicker but it's still the time taken to download the facebook +1 buttons that sems to be what's holding it all up.

I'll just have to live with it I guess.

I knocked it down to 50 a page from 100. It does seem to be fractionally quicker but it's still the time taken to download the facebook +1 buttons that sems to be what's holding it all up.

It's very fast for me, no problems at all.

Have you tried using one of the mobile themes instead to see if that helps?

Found a bit that needs changing Jeff..........

kps.jpg

Have you tried using a decent browser?

Ignored people vanish in Tapatalk - which is great.

Shite ignored threads do not - which is not so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363