Forum Upgrade Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that spammer who posted on the local/non league thread was one of the rare ones that got through then.

If the new anti-spam thing I installed today had been active then he wouldn't have been able to register as his email address was on the spammer blacklist. And unfortunately he registered while I was in bed so I didn't see the email telling me he'd registered until it was too late.

Most spam bots try to post links and the system won't let new members post links, so they never get to post anything even if they get past all the checks.
That one didn't post any links though, he put a link in his sig instead. Maybe they've learned that posts with links are often blocked and this is their response. So my next move will be to prevent newcomers from having a link in their sig. It's a constant battle.

I am using IE8 here at work and sometimes if I click the browser back button I get the message in the attachment even though I have done no editing! :icon_eek: Any ideas? :102:

Attachments

• edit_error.jpg
    edit_error.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
I am using IE8 here at work and sometimes if I click the browser back button I get the message in the attachment even though I have do no editing! :icon_eek: Any ideas? :102:

I've had that happen a couple of times too Steven, but I use Chrome, not IE.

I think I'm right in saying it has usually been when I've been looking at the first thread since I logged on and also when it's required me to look at more than 1 page (I always use the 'New Post' function).

Last edited:
I've had that happen a couple of times too Steven, but I use Chrome, not IE.

I think I'm right in saying it has usually been when I've been looking at the first thread since I logged on and also when it's required me to look at more than 1 page (I always use the 'New Post' function).

I've had it happen in firefox too.

It's supposed to happen if it thinks you've started posting a reply in the quick reply box, but have then tried to navigate away from the page before posting.
It seems to sometimes do it when it shouldn't.

If people are finding it too annoying I'll see if I can disable it.

It's only happened a couple of times to me to be fair, it doesn't bother me so don't worry about it I would say.

only minor but Tetris is not holding my highest score, i press OK to send score and get taken back to the forum home page.

no rush for this but i have beaten my highest score several times now:023:

Do you have to log in again after playing the game?

In the past people have played the game for so long their log-in session has timed out, so they had to make sure the "remember me" button was ticked when logging in.

just played again same thing happened and i'm still logged in.

it's one way of keeping the highest score:icon_wink

It might not help.

I've just beaten the high score and it didn't save it.

Since the forum upgrade I have beaten every high score there is but of course got the same problem about not saving :icon_roll

It's supposed to happen if it thinks you've started posting a reply in the quick reply box, but have then tried to navigate away from the page before posting.
It seems to sometimes do it when it shouldn't.

If people are finding it too annoying I'll see if I can disable it.

I get this if I click back before the page has loaded fully so I assumed a javascript file wasn't fully loaded. I have had this in the past when using other WYSIWYG editors so assumed it was tied to the quick post WYSIWYG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363